Just recently found the FTR 1200 Forums

kiwi dave

O.K. So I reconnected my Dynajet Power Vision, and can confirm that the ECU has been flashed with another tool and no longer contains the last file flashed by the Power Vision.

It read: "This can occur when a dealer tool is connected to the ECU, when another Power Vision is used to flash the ECU, or when a third party tool is used."

It also says: Note: Channel streaming will not function until the device has been flashed with a Power Vision tune.

I don't even know what Channel streaming is. Can anyone enlighten me?

Max Kool

Sounds like your dealer flashed the ecu (overwriting the tune), and you won’t be able to read it with your PV-3 unless you update your PV-3 to the latest firmware.

edgelett

thanks for jumping in Max.
Yes the software for the dash and the software for the ECU are two very different things.
The first looks after the display. the second is the bike's heart.
the display, any one of us can update at any time. it's just a USB.
the heart, that's the diagnostic plug under the 'tank' and is a lot more complicated.

Kiwi Dave - who was your tune from?

Breto

To polite mate…I would have said Re flash this and die fucker…spent way too much money for some do good spanner boy to fuck it up…just sayin…👍😎

K9F

'Spanner Boys' living proof that there are too many of them alive today simply because it's illegal to shoot them. :ROFLMAO:

Rich.ftr

Fuel Moto.
Hi kiwi dave.
Im also in New zealand lock down with you mate. I have latest flash on ecu at my point of purchase 2 months ago.

Ive done a cat removal sounds great with standard cans ( ftr1200 model) so much so i may not fit my gpr race pipe.

Ive not touched the filter yet.

But i feell it is rich on start up no stalling but lots of ... Well like old cars used to smell like with the choke on, once warm its ok ok but have had some poor restarts and stalls randomly.

So..
I guess im interested to learn what you end up doing.

Ps on a wet run for essentail supplies i discovered the wet road drift syndome on the DT3r's im not sure if its a good or bad thing yet! I was playing in 2nd gear on a couple of slow corner exits not completely suprised

Syco13x

Well, just found another reason to move out of California... in checking out Fuel Moto I realized that they can't even sell the map to a California resident. Wow. It's one thing to not sell the tuner device itself, but a map file? So ridiculous!

I don't own the FTR yet, but have been working towards it, and researching all these little fixes for the bike. Now, IDK. Might have to consider something different, or find some other avenue to re-map the bike if I stick to my guns about the FTR. Guess time will tell.

Syco13x

Where in California does @Syco13x liveth? My FTR has been tuned pretty much since day one.

West LA here.
@Max Kool I’m in Redlands. Good to know there is a way around the California restriction. Figured there must be, but haven’t searched it all out since I don’t own an FTR yet. Keep referencing the FTR as “My Indian” when talking bikes with the wife. Hopefully that makes it a smoother transition when it ends up in the driveway. 🤣