Just recently found the FTR 1200 Forums

K9F

May want to change that text to "or even hook up to digital wrench".

Mine was automatically overwritten even while I told them not to. This was in the 9L0 days, so nothing was lost, but still...

It was hooked up to Digital Wrench when they were trying to diagnose my start issue. No problems whatsoever.

kiwi dave

Hi kiwi dave.
Im also in New zealand lock down with you mate. I have latest flash on ecu at my point of purchase 2 months ago.

Ive done a cat removal sounds great with standard cans ( ftr1200 model) so much so i may not fit my gpr race pipe.

Ive not touched the filter yet.

But i feell it is rich on start up no stalling but lots of ... Well like old cars used to smell like with the choke on, once warm its ok ok but have had some poor restarts and stalls randomly.

So..
I guess im interested to learn what you end up doing.

Ps on a wet run for essentail supplies i discovered the wet road drift syndome on the DT3r's im not sure if its a good or bad thing yet! I was playing in 2nd gear on a couple of slow corner exits not completely suprised

Hi Rich.ftr

I too am running standard cans with the colostomy bag removal.

When I purchased my FTR, the map was so bad as to make the bike unrideable, sorta like an off-on switch. So I purchased a Dynotech PV3 which turned out to be faulty, so after a lot of haggling with help from Fuel Moto, I was able to enjoy a bike that was rideable. If you go down this rocky road, make sure you've got your wallet handy. I can talk more off line if you're interested, 021 947280.

I replaced my tires with Bridgestone Battlax Sport Touring T32s, the difference was night and day. I'm strictly a sealed road rider (preferably), and those original tyres might be great for the cinder tracks, but on a wet tar sealed road (as you found out).

Last edited:

djbrennan

I just talked with Fuel Moto about getting a map suitable for an S&S slipon, de-cat link pipe and K&N air filter. They told me they are no longer offering the remote tuning service. I humbly requested a map from them as I purchased all the components from them, but alas, I mistakenly purchased my PV3 directly from Dynojet before I had any understanding of how all this worked. Hopefully, FM will provide a map, but its beginning to look like they wont. Is Lloyd's garage the only remaining option? I am at AH2 so I suppose I will have to send my ECU.

kiwi dave

I just talked with Fuel Moto about getting a map suitable for an S&S slipon, de-cat link pipe and K&N air filter. They told me they are no longer offering the remote tuning service. I humbly requested a map from them as I purchased all the components from them, but alas, I mistakenly purchased my PV3 directly from Dynojet before I had any understanding of how all this worked. Hopefully, FM will provide a map, but its beginning to look like they wont. Is Lloyd's garage the only remaining option? I am at AH2 so I suppose I will have to send my ECU.
Where are you located?

kiwi dave

So a couple of hours away.

Could be worse, like at the arsehole of the world (which where New Zealand is affectionately known as).

edgelett

I just talked with Fuel Moto about getting a map suitable for an S&S slipon, de-cat link pipe and K&N air filter. They told me they are no longer offering the remote tuning service.
that's really interesting - I wonder why?
they have sold a lot of PV3's and maps to people, many of whom are getting back in touch with them due to issues or changes they are requesting.

If you;re in the USA I don't know why you wouldn't get an ECU tune from Lloydz to be honest. It's not an option for those of us elsewhere in the world.

Charliemurphay

That’s surprising, considering that is touted as one of the reasons to buy from them. If they didn’t offer that service I don’t know why you wouldn’t get the bench tune from Lloydz as well. Given the option I probably would even though I’ve been very happy with my FuelMoto tune. If they hadn’t offered that service when I was shopping for tunes I likely would have gone with Lloydz.

djbrennan

My discussion with FM indicated that it just became too much to manage. They considered customer expectation on request turn around time to be a bit unreasonable. They also indicated that there were a large enough number of customers lacking sufficient technical acumen making the remote tuning process very difficult. Hopefully, they will have pity on me and send me one of their canned tunes. But I think I will give Lloyds a call anyway.

Rich.ftr

Hi Rich.ftr

I too am running standard cans with the colostomy bag removal.

When I purchased my FTR, the map was so bad as to make the bike unrideable, sorta like an off-on switch. So I purchased a Dynotech PV3 which turned out to be faulty, so after a lot of haggling with help from Fuel Moto, I was able to enjoy a bike that was rideable. If you go down this rocky road, make sure you've got your wallet handy. I can talk more off line if you're interested, 021 947280.

I replaced my tires with Bridgestone Battlax Sport Touring T32s, the difference was night and day. I'm strictly a sealed road rider (preferably), and those original tyres might be great for the cinder tracks, but on a wet tar sealed road (as you found out).
Hi.. Many thanks for reply...

Have you heard of triple zee cycles in auckland..? http://www.triplezeecycles.co.nz/

If so did you ever approuch these guys?

I spoke to him a couple of years ago (re my bmw scrambler) really good bloke... Having just read the replies from various people and the hassles with ecu and latest map... Triple zee came back to my mind.

So far ive done the run bog standard with cat then at 1100km ive just installed the cat delete link pipe.. Done 150km so far so not sure how its running yet as they told me it take 350km for the computer to modulate the engine tune.

Mine runs ok compared to my friends same 2019 ftr with the old tune ie he definately needs to wait for engine warm up period where as i don't have to ( although i generally try to).

Ps.. In addition i thought lets get a definitive answer from indian so i jumped on their website and filled in my customer service request.. Asking if i need to re map if i cat delete and or use eg k&n filter etc.

Of course it gets refered to polaris and 1 month later and multiple repete questions already out lined in my original email, i am yet to get their response on the likely hood of any adverse effects on the engine or ride quality.

I have quoted the octane ratings here and location ie new zealand. Who better than the manufacturer to answer right? No it appears a referal system of liabilty and indemnity of advice... I explained the 2 x local deals best response was ermmm " it should be alright to run without the cat" but it was clearly a best guess response, not the most confidence inpiring as the owner who would rather not run his engine too lean./ if at all?

Cheers rich.

Last edited:

kiwi dave

Triple Zee cycles are miles away from me. Their pricing for updating a Moto Guzzi map was outrageous considering we freely exchanged maps amongst the community.

Sorry, I don't think they can offer me anything.

djbrennan

Sorry Guys, it looks like I relayed some bad information. Lucas from FM replied to my map request and provided a fuel map for my configuration. He also indicated that the remote tuning service is still available for $99.95. I am not sure what the disconnect was with the previous person I spoke to at Fuel Moto, but the good news is that they appear to still be offering the service. Sorry for the mix-up.

kiwi dave

Sorry Guys, it looks like I relayed some bad information. Lucas from FM replied to my map request and provided a fuel map for my configuration. He also indicated that the remote tuning service is still available for $99.95. I am not sure what the disconnect was with the previous person I spoke to at Fuel Moto, but the good news is that they appear to still be offering the service. Sorry for the mix-up.
Lucas was a life saver for me in the past, when I was having issues with Dynajet. Why would you not buy your PV3 through them?

Aleko

what da hell?
I just paid up last night for a S&S slip on, cat delete, pve and K&N.. are you saying that they will not set up a map for us?. AM I reading this right?

edgelett

what da hell?
I just paid up last night for a S&S slip on, cat delete, pve and K&N.. are you saying that they will not set up a map for us?. AM I reading this right?
Scroll up - they clarified that this information is incorrect and yes they're still offering tunes.

Aleko

Any ideas Who in Aus has set up,, using the PV3 w/FM tune and decat/slip on S&S.. I’m waiting for deliver

edgelett

there's quite a few FTR owners that have the FM/PV3 setup in Aus. the Aus/NZ Facebook page has a few that have one.
I went with Ryan Randall, very happy with my PV3 tune.