Loving the DT3-Rs

Bad'Tude

I expected to be impressed with these tires, but now that I have them, I have to say I think Dunlop really knocked it out of the park. The grip is really nice - putting the tread blocks as close together as they are made a big difference. I hear they are supposed to have good wear, too, and if that works out, I just might do a cartwheel. 🤣

Merrick

I think the DT3 is the official AFT tire. I'm guessing the "R" means they can be driven on the road since the DT3 can't. Or am I thinking about something else entirely? I've googled and all I'm getting are gorgeous images of Porsches.

Bad'Tude

They're "r"adial (radial) tires. They really have to be with a 19-inch front wheel. No way I could see putting a bias-ply set on this bike.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You MIGHT get 3k out of a rear. Most are around 2k. I’ll be throwing on Bridgestone a41 tires when these wear. Dealer pricing for the oem tires is $450usd a set. No thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiba

I might be the lone dissenting voice here. Agree the grip is good, but I don't like the feel or road noise generated by these tires. Will probably be replacing mine before they wear out.

Max Kool

I don't hear any road noise with them, I hear my exhaust, and I'm happy with the grip (they feel like a soft compound), but you can't lean them over unlimited. No chicken strips with these tires.

Like @ferraiolo1 , I think I'll be replacing them with Bridgestone A41 at some point.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Actually have them in my cart now. They are having a $50 rebate. So they will be $200 shipped for a set from Rocky Mountain atv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max Kool

Actually I would like to know some more tech about the DT3-R's, I can't find anything about them.

I know they're made for the FTR, and although Indian's pr documentation mentions the size is 150/80-18, they are actually 150/70-18 (check the sidewall).

• Do they contain any silica? (I bet they do)
  • Are they dual compound? (they could be, the sides wear remarkably fast)
  • anything special about the carcass construction?

And if Dunlop wants to sell them they should be cheaper than the usual suspects.

Just thinking aloud