Max' FTRankenstein...

Max Kool

Time for an update. Last week the last few pieces of the puzzle came in (thank you UPS and USPS). Tire mounting tool, new wheel, to finish off my build. I think it's finished now. 2022 17" rear wheel, which is a straight bolt on on the 2019 FTR.

IMG_0819.jpeg

IMG_0821.jpeg

IMG_0823.jpeg

IMG_0829.jpeg

Fresh front tire too, the previous one was kinda chewed up, and didn't work with the new rear.
IMG_0830.jpeg

IMG_0824.jpeg

IMG_0831.jpeg

I had to get used to the riding, because it takes more lean at the same corner speed now, which initially felt awkward, outside of my comfort zone. I'm anal about changes to my bike anyway (tires, suspension), I guess that's my OCD. But after an hour all the pieces fell together. The ride height (lowest part of the seat is at 880mm/34.5" now), the suspension, the grip. I just have to ride it like a big, fat supermoto. Stay right up, elbows up, push the bike under me. Then everything makes sense.

So what have we got here:

- Mupo fully adjustable rear shock, including ride height
- Black FTR Base forks converted to Mupo fully adjustable cartridges
- 2022 FTR rear wheel with a 190/55ZR17 tire, fresh Conti Road Attack 3 front and rear
- Some small bits and bobs like front fender drop brackets, burgundy wheel stripes -still not 100% about these-, and I relocated the brake hose guide on the swingarm a bit to free up room for the wider tire.

Last edited:

Max Kool

I took an ample look at the parts fiches and took an educated "engineering" guess. ;)

We know the front wheel fits too, someone just needs to check if the new front ABS sensor works on the 2019 model... (I have a feeling it does, but can't confirm).

edgelett

These are cheap enough. I may end up impulse buying a set
for my own benefit I hope you do lmao!
the currency conversion (and added on 'aussie percentage) means they're a fair bit more than that here - too much for me to buy for an experiment.
but if you are able to test them out and find they fit without too much fucking around, then as soon as my tyres are gone that's the very next thing I'm buying.

edgelett

So what have we got here:

- Mupo fully adjustable rear shock, including ride height
- Black FTR Base forks converted to Mupo fully adjustable cartridges
- 2022 FTR rear wheel with a 190/55ZR17 tire, fresh Conti Road Attack 3 front and rear
- Some small bits and bobs like front fender drop brackets, burgundy wheel stripes -still not 100% about these-, and I relocated the brake hose guide on the swingarm a bit to free up room for the wider tire.
You've definitely made your very own unique bike Max - the black forks look great, you might start a trend!
that's one thing I love about this bike and group, there are so many options for people to make the FTR right for them.

Max Kool

Im not 100% over the moon with them yet, kinda too elegant for a bold bike like the FTR. May make them all black when I’m fed up with them.

Omohundro

I wonder how it’s applied from the factory? If it’s painted on after the powder coat it may come off with paint thinner.