Max' FTRankenstein...

Mausl73

They do not have predrilled holes. Frankly, you can mount the switch gear without a hole if you file off the tabs that go in the holes a bit.
But doesn't that make the fixation of the switch gear less solid?
Is it possible, and wise, to drill a hole myself on the new handlebar in the same place as the original handlebar?+

Max Kool

But doesn't that make the fixation of the switch gear less solid?
You'd think so, but it's ok. I filed the pins off the fixing inserts, and added a layer of isolation band around the bars. Fits perfectly fine. The throttle doesn't use this btw, but has its own screw locking it in place.

Mausl73

You'd think so, but it's ok. I filed the pins off the fixing inserts, and added a layer of isolation band around the bars. Fits perfectly fine. The throttle doesn't use this btw, but has its own screw locking it in place.
Thanks for your answers. I want a lower handlebar on my 2019 FTR, but the 2021 OEM one from Indian is about 250 Euro's in The Netherlands. Ridiculous prices. The Rizoma ones are about half that price.

Mausl73

Rizoma FTR.jpg

Finally installed the Rizoma MA 009 handlebar. And so happy with it. Coming from a Protaper Rally handlebar, the Rizoma is a little more narrow and lower. The riding is so much better.. more direct, more feeling with the bike en tighter turning. Very happy with it. :)

Last edited: