Motobatt

D

Deleted member 706

I seem to remember reading on fakebook something about these batteries not being worth the cardboard they're boxed in.
Who knows anything about them, and what do you think?IMG_20210811_181020.jpg

Fuse5

..maybe there is a thing in fabrication over the years as well :rolleyes:
Got one for my HD at the past, works perfect 4 years, in the 5th the start moment turns
..and use it since this time for another bike, which not need a powerful start (still working_load for sure by time) and got a new one
(2/3 cheaper than a HD orig. batt with simular probs since 2010/11, as far as i remember).

Almost the same with a Buell.. changed it 5 month ago after 5 Years (over here for 75EU ~90 US).

Last edited:

Max Kool

I recall them als a well known brand. AGM which as such is good. You don’t have the advantages a lighter and more compact LiFePo batteries offer though.

kiwi dave

Motobatt batteries are supplied with the acid already added. If they sit on a distributor's or dealer's shelf without attention, they can sulphate and be completely useless. I think they're dated, so it would pay to look for a manufacturing date.

I do like the dual terminals for adding extra gizmos without disturbing the main circuits.

kiwi dave

Most batteries I buy have the acid in a separate soft plastic container, that you place inverted into the fill holes and press hard.

They tend to get a bit warm initially. Lots of debate about the wait period before applying the sealing strip and topping up the charge.

I've experienced a few duds. Last one wouldn't climb above 10v even after charging. I have a mate who is a battery distributor, so he arranged a replacement but I had to do the swap.

Max Kool

Most batteries I buy have the acid in a separate soft plastic container, that you place inverted into the fill holes and press hard.
Me too, but gotta admit that was a while ago, and I think AGM have slowly replaced these.

Breto

Have used the AGM Motobats for years…great batteries. Always been good for Five or more years…just replaced my Thruxton one…6 years for that one…👍😎

Crisfmx

Here in the UK I’ve used these batteries on all my bikes for many years over here there bright yellow and are maintainace free using glassmatt technology that not require any adding of liquids they have a higher cranking output and are capable of being left for long periods of time without discharging

kiwi dave

They originally came out in bright yellow, but later added the black version for those like Harley owners with exposed battery. From memory, the black versions cost more.

D

Deleted member 706

OK then it will be just the job for powering the mill for my brewery.

Attachments

• IMG_20210814_145035.jpg
    IMG_20210814_145035.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 3