MotoGP

edgelett

wow last night's race was intense. Great to see Zarco and Martin on the podium and cracking win by Fabio.

I love Miller, but that 'payback move' was uncalled for - being feisty in a race is one thing but he cost them both places. would have preferred to see him just race hard and have a verbal crack at Mir after the race.

edgelett

this week's race was good, but wow that was a lot of crashes!
Shame to see Rossi crash out he moved up a lot of places.

Well done to Fabio, well deserved win.
I know a few people were expecting Marquez to come out and dominate, but I knew he wouldn't. You can't spend THAT long off a bike and be at 100%.
It was clear after the race how exhausted physically he was. I hope he's able to keep getting fitter and be a contender again. I like seeing lots of people battle for the lead

edgelett

What a win by Jack Miller!!! So happy for him, he did us Aussies proud. No shoey on the podium but he was obviously really overcome with emotion and sad his parents weren't there to share the victory.
No idea what happened to Fabio though - he looked in pain.
Marquez - it's going to be a long time before he's near the front again. I swear the Dr that cleared him to race the week after his surgery probably did permanent damage to his arm.
Hopfully he can continue to recover and be competitive again in the future. But in the meantime I'm enjoying having so many different winners and a championship seperated by 1 point.
Well Done Jackass! (i.e Jack Miller)

Helge

Great win from Jackass with a 100% performance till end of the race.
Fabio had massive arm pump problems, sorry for him because he was the fastest.
Interesting race and Rossi seems to be in permanents problems acc the tyre management.

edgelett

back to back wins for Jackass, with a really insane flag to flag race!
lots of crashes for everyone, Moto3 was hectic too.
hoping this year the championship is a close one and not decided until closer to the end of the season.
Felt for Marquez - two crashes in the one race.
i still feel he's a month or so away from being competitive again

Helge

Does Jackass start a series of win´s now ?
Good and interesting race with crazy weather.
Looking forward to the high speed race at Mugello circuit.

Looking forward to the Austrian decision acc fans at the Spielberg races mid of August.
At time lots of European countries lift the Covid-19 restrictions because of the vaccination progress.
Slight hope of using my ticket from last year.

edgelett

I really hope you can go! we were going to head to Phillip Island last year but.....yeah.
I don't have tickets to this year's race because honestly I'm not sure if it will happen.
Mugello is alwaysa great race - looking forward to it.

EllenGtrGrl

I'm not a fanatic, but I do follow MotoGP. I grew up only 25 miles (40 km) from Road America. Sadly, while they do AMA (American Motorcyclist Association) sanctioned races (I remember being a teenager, and reading the Superbike results in the early 80s for Road America), no MotoGP there. :(

edgelett

Laguna Seca was one of the best tracks in the season. I'm soooo annoyed it was removed and 'circut of the americas' is the only US race cause that track isn't anywhere near as interesting

EllenGtrGrl

I agree, watching the Moto GP guys run through the corkscrew at Laguna Seca was one of the most iconic images in motorcycle racing.
Yup, being in northern California, it always had tons 'o elevation changes (unlike Circuit of The Americas, which is in the flatlands area of Texas). Back in the day, a lot of sportbike tests were done at Laguna Seca.

cupcake_mike

Having been to all the US motogp tracks numerous times and spent time doing laps there (Indianapolis, Laguna, COTA) I would argue that from a pure racing standpoint COTA is the best, with Laguna being a very close second. Indianapolis was the best to watch from though, as it wasn't as spread out and you could literally get anywhere outside and inside the track very easily. Not too mention ,race weekend in Indianapolis was off the charts fun, felt very much like community. Austin is a much different town and there is usually competing events the same weekend. Laguna was fun if you had friends to party with, but it never felt like a "race weekend" vibe.

edgelett

I could talk about the race, which was full of all kinds of insane factors, but the truth is that the very tragic passing of Jason Dupasquier dominated the weekend.
Similar circumstances to how we lost #58 Marco Simoncelli - he crashed and another rider ran straight in to him at very high speed.
it's been a long time since a rider lost his life in this class of racing, last person to pass was Salom in 2016. But for him to die at 19 is pretty awful.
He did however pass away doing the thing he loved most in the world.
Must have been so hard for everyone to race that weekend.
Thoughts are with his family, his team, and the racing community.

Helge

Another interesting race weekend at Barcelona circuit with first KTM win and an interesting dress code from Fabio during the last laps.
MM93 and VR46 in trouble.

Good news for me that Spielberg/AUT races are allowed for fans so I can use my ticket from last year :)

edgelett

yeah that race was pretty weird - wtf was going on with Fabio?
honestly he should have been black flagged.
If he crashed his chest would have been torn to pieces.
and throwing his chest protector across the track was dangerous as hell.

that's 3 DNF's for Marquez in a row - i don't know if he'll get back to form this year.
And I"m sad about Rossi. he's my hero.

1623100879459.png