MotoGP

Azzman

If he crashes I bet his airbags would be affected as well I don’t know what’s going on anyone else’s found out the story?

edgelett

Well I honestly have to say I was surpised to see Marquez win that race - I know it's a better track in terms of left vs right handers but given he has dropped the bike a fair bit this year I wasn't expecting great things.
But kudos to him - he went hard at the start and didn't let up. A well deserved (and clearly emotional) victory for him.
Quatararo still leads the championship, with Zarco in 2nd and Miller in 3rd.

Great job by Remy Gardner in Moto2 as well - leading the championship so far.

Helge

Impressive win from MM93 (y) (y)
FQ20 with perfect result for the championship💪
VR46 with another sad performance...hope for a decisive improvement at Assen race next weekend🤞

edgelett

VR46 with another sad performance...hope for a decisive improvement at Assen race next weekend🤞
yeah - I love the guy but it's just sad seeing him getting no real results.

The other cool thing about the weekend was the corner named in honour of Sabine Schmitz - she was the Queen after all.

edgelett

I agree about it getting boring when MM is the only one winning but I don't think this race means no one else will get the opportunity. this was easier on his arm - soon as there are more rights than lefts he won't do as well

Helge

Sabine Schmitz did more than 32000 laps around the famous Nordschleife / Nürburgsring incl a win at famous 24h race:oops:(y)
MM93 said that the coming races / tracks will be more difficult for his arm / shoulder.....looking forward to Assen/NL.
We´ll see if he will be competitive acc the actual fastest guys who are leading the championship soon .... the tension increases

Breto

Back in the day I was a mad fan of Christian Sarron…his wet weather riding skills were brilliant. In fact that was the only time he really shone amongst the pack…the rest of the time he’d crash…the commentators and at that time Barry Sheene was still alive would say stuff like Oh No…Christian you’ve done it again…it was worth waiting for every time…😂👍😎

Breto

Yeah thanks guys and girls…just watched that and rite before I head off for a track day…🤦‍♂️🤔 what was I thinking…😂😂😂

edgelett

Assen never disappoints, other than I'm devo Miller crashed out.
Was impressed Marquez finished as high as he did.
Great win for Fabio.

Now we're in for the long break before starting up again!

edgelett

Fabio unstoppable...so Maverick leaves the factory team
yeah that was a suprise to be honest. I know Maverick has struggled all year but i was still stunned he is leaving, especially after getting 2nd this weekend.
Yamaha seem to be a bit like Honda these days in that they concentrate on 1 rider (usually the newest one) at the expense of the other.

FTR London

Sad sad for VR46
Sadder still that he continues to occupy a seat denying younger riders a possible move up. Also that he was awarded a factory Yamaha, whilst last year's runner up Morbidelli is consigned to the 2019 iteration. The sooner Valentino retires the better for the sport.

edgelett

Sadder still that he continues to occupy a seat denying younger riders a possible move up. Also that he was awarded a factory Yamaha, whilst last year's runner up Morbidelli is consigned to the 2019 iteration. The sooner Valentino retires the better for the sport.
well I think a lot of people are going to disagree on that.
a lot of people will also agree with you.

Personally, if racing is in someone's blood they want to race as long as they can.
Rossi did a lot for the sport, I can see why they want to keep him in the paddock.
but (and I say this as someone who idolises the guy) he was never the same after Simoncelli passed away.

Yesterday we got the news that the Phillip Island MotoGP has been cancelled due to COVID (along with the Melbourne F1) so that's a downer.

FTR London

well I think a lot of people are going to disagree on that.
a lot of people will also agree with you.

Personally, if racing is in someone's blood they want to race as long as they can.
Rossi did a lot for the sport, I can see why they want to keep him in the paddock.
but (and I say this as someone who idolises the guy) he was never the same after Simoncelli passed away.

Yesterday we got the news that the Phillip Island MotoGP has been cancelled due to COVID (along with the Melbourne F1) so that's a downer.
Yes I saw that. Very disappointing, second year in a row and the best bike circuit on the calendar - if not the planet.

Never bought into the Rossi hagiography and I certainly don't subscribe to the notion that he was the 'greatest of all time'. Yes, he has done much for the sport - in particular, raising the profile of MotoGP, but he's also benefitted from insane levels of comparative advantage during his heyday and taken a lot away through politics and his hegemonic control. They "want to keep him in the paddock" because as lacklustre as he is now, he's still a big earner and crowd puller (assuming that spectators were present). Of course he wants to race as long as he can, but prolonging an inglorious and ignominious demise and occupying a seat in the process is neither dignified, nor is it fair on up and coming riders.

I recall Ben Spies saying that following Rossi you can see and understand what he is doing but you just can't do it yet, whilst following Stoner you can't even see and understand what he is doing far less process or reproduce how he is doing it. The same was said of Spencer and Hailwood.

What I will say though, is one of the most astonishing rides that I have ever witnessed on the day as a a spectator trackside was his victory in the wet at Donington 2005. The post-race telemetry defied physics.

Last edited: