MotoGP

mark.lb

I follow MotoGP and in the States - MotoAmerica. I attended the MotoAmerica SuperBike Race in Pittsburgh last weekend. That was some crash. Rossi was almost taken out by the tumbling bike. Watched it is slow motion. It was incredible.

Bones777

I follow MotoGP and in the States - MotoAmerica. I attended the MotoAmerica SuperBike Race in Pittsburgh last weekend. That was some crash. Rossi was almost taken out by the tumbling bike. Watched it is slow motion. It was incredible.
That crash made my skin crawl.. Truly Horrific.. Can you imagine a bike flying across your face while you are doing 120mph.... Crazy...

edgelett

yeah it was pretty awful. Massive crash in Moto2 race as well.
I still can't believe they cleared the track and everyone just got back on and raced, but then that's what makes them the best in the world.
Rossi's bike had oil all over it from the bike that flew past him.
missed him by inches.

On a side note, i'm annoyed that Laguna Seca has been taken out of the racing calendar, it's such a great track and we've seen some epic battles there (Rossi v Stoner springs to mind).
much prefer it to the Indy track.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I’m a fan of mini moto gp personally! Talk about epic crashes!

Attachments

• 900503F8-D311-466A-AED3-27A053760818.jpeg
    900503F8-D311-466A-AED3-27A053760818.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 46
  • E8B4AA42-ABDA-4AD8-A313-F49A5CB7CA48.jpeg
    E8B4AA42-ABDA-4AD8-A313-F49A5CB7CA48.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 43

Helge

I was shocked too:eek:
I´ve had tickets for this race weekend in Spielberg but can´t go:(
Cross fingers that next races this weekend at same place will be without crashes(y)(y)

edgelett

Not sure what Rossi is trying to protect. It is probably a spontaneous reaction, but his hands would have been better on the bars. My $0.02¢.
that's not Rossi, that's Vinales.
And yes it was a spontaneous reaction, when you watch the slowmo camera shots from all angles you can see that he turns his head to the right, sees the bike flying towards himself and raises his arms to protect his head.
When you see the shot from the OTHER side, the first bike clearly hit his helmet which is why he raised his arms for the 2nd bike.

1597959294483.png

edgelett

Well the 2021 season is about to start, and Marquez has finally actually gotten on a bike again which is good news.
Seriously the Dr that said he was ok to ride and sent him out a week after his accident was pretty negligent.
Rossi no longer on a factory bike, and Jack Miller setting awesome pace on the factory Ducati.

Really looking forward to the season kicking off in a couple of weeks!

Helge

It´s time that they come back on race track.
Expect close times and races as last year....everything is possible.
Cross fingers for MM93 to come back soon and wish VR46 his 200 podium as well.
Unfortunetely no fans allowed so ASSEN (2h by bike) end of June not for me :-(

Helge

Very close and interesting race :)
Rockets starts from the Ducatis
As always a question of tyre management...see Miller Rossi etc :-(