Need brake lever

Notaharley

I got too close to the wife's car and off balance and snapped off my brake lever.

If anyone has one to sell, I'd like to buy it.

I'm in Tennessee, USA.

THANKS!

Notaharley

I figured maybe someone else might need a brake lever, so I am sharing that a replacement can be found on eBay.
It seems that Ducati uses the same lever on some of their machines, including the Monster 696.
$35 plus shipping.

Indian does have them available, but they are $85.
Screenshot_20221002-080152.png

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Correct. Ducati and a few other euro brands use the same brembo mc as the ftr. So most brake levers fit the ftr. It’s the clutch lever that is proprietary to the ftr.

Axs1312

Gilles brake levers should be available in 2023. I guess they would be worth checking out. Only con would be they’re expensive!

D

Deleted member 706

I figured maybe someone else might need a brake lever, so I am sharing that a replacement can be found on eBay.
It seems that Ducati uses the same lever on some of their machines, including the Monster 696.
$35 plus shipping.

Indian does have them available, but they are $85.
View attachment 6960
Well that pretty much confirms what I suspected Indian seems to be price gouging.
I think that my FTR will be my last Indian.
Nice bikes but...

Max Kool

Well that pretty much confirms what I suspected Indian seems to be price gouging.
I think that my FTR will be my last Indian.
Nice bikes but...
That’s second hand you muppet. The same lever at the Ducat dealer is actually around 120 bucks.

Did I ever say you should sell your bike?

D

Deleted member 706

That’s second hand you muppet. The same lever at the Ducat dealer is actually around 120 bucks.

Did I ever say you should sell your bike?
Yeah thanks for pointing that out dickhead. I'm selling another Indian right now.

Helge

I can´t follow these price discussion too...we´re riding a multi thousand dollar or Euro motorcycle so don´t care about a few dollar / Euro less or more for a brake lever.

Take it all easy nevertheless and smile:)

Fuse5

Gilles brake levers should be available in 2023. I guess they would be worth checking out. Only con would be they’re expensive!
Gilles one´s are/were available since end of 19/ beginning of ´20 as far as i remember .. without indian "branding" in ´23.
Even Prices are different now.