New 2023 models on the website

Charliemurphay

New colors. I like the snazzy design though the carbon looks kinda bland IMO. But the sport looks neat and I like the tank covers on the base.
Also looks like lots of new accessories being released including a line uo by Gilles and more carbon fiber bits. Also see a couple tool kits being offered as well under new and coming soon section.

Edit:
THEY ADDED THE CHIEF RIDE COMMAND SCREEN TO THE SPORT AND CARBONS

Last edited:

ciphfer

New colors. I like the snazzy design though the carbon looks kinda bland IMO. But the sport looks neat and I like the tank covers on the base.
Also looks like lots of bew accessories being released.

Edit:
I was a bit worried as my 22 FTR Carbon was delayed to early October. After seeing the 23 Carbon, I am glad I stuck with my order. I still don't understand why they can't add GPS via firmware upgrade to the Ride Command.

edgelett

I was a bit worried as my 22 FTR Carbon was delayed to early October. After seeing the 23 Carbon, I am glad I stuck with my order. I still don't understand why they can't add GPS via firmware upgrade to the Ride Command.
because it's not just a GPS firmware update, it's also a new ECU. you need both.

edgelett

The new colours look awesome, bummed the base model won't be available in Aus any more cause it looks brilliant in grey/orange.

Some really cool things about the new models, and there's a stack of accessories I'll be buying soon!

rawsoncj

I’m glad I got my FTR R Carbon last year. The new one looks super bland in comparison.

And apparently the Akrapovic exhaust doesn’t come standard anymore, which means if the bike’s price has stayed the same year-over-year, they’ve essentially snuck in a big price bump just by downgrading the exhaust.

On the bright side, at least the bike has RideCommand now. It should have had that from day one, but c’est la vie.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
No idea what they had before. I just know by he press release I got says the cruisers get new slipper clutches.

there are no performance changes for the ftr. Other than “improved brake tuning” but that could mean just better brake pads.

Walrus

I think the "old" models, particularly the base, were pretty much perfect. Did have a gripe with size of turn signal buttons, which they haven't changed.

MilwDave

Also looks like lots of new accessories being released including a line uo by Gilles and more carbon fiber bits. Also see a couple tool kits being offered as well under new and coming soon section.
[/URL]

Edit:
The Carbon is the one design that jumps out at me. The garish sport bike look just doesn’t connect with me.

Rodney72

I’m glad I got my FTR R Carbon last year. The new one looks super bland in comparison.

And apparently the Akrapovic exhaust doesn’t come standard anymore, which means if the bike’s price has stayed the same year-over-year, they’ve essentially snuck in a big price bump just by downgrading the exhaust.

On the bright side, at least the bike has RideCommand now. It should have had that from day one, but c’est la vie.
I was wondering when that exhaust would get mentioned. Those new exhaust end caps just look cheap. And so long to the cool Akrapovic heat shield.
Totally agree on the Carbon. I have the S White Smoke, but that Carbon looks the business. The new one looks okay. At least it's not as loud as the rest of the '23 range.

FTR London

In spite of the so called 'Championship Edition', and the FTR misnomer, they seem determined to distance themselves as far a possible from the spirit of Flat Track. You have to laugh, since this was their original pitch:

The instant that I saw the new 'Sport' model I immediately thought of McWilliams' exploits in the MotoAmerica Hooligan Series, then spotted the video above featuring both him and Tyler O'Hara, where it used to be the likes of Brad Baker. I guess it's a look and feel that is easier to translate and relate to in the showroom, a more accessible and appeal marketing direction to steer a bike that from the moment it lumbered out of Spirit Lake, only really paid lip service to flat track and its pedigree. They should finally put the 'FTR' moniker to bed and rebrand this motorcycle entirely.

Walrus

Don't think losing the Akrapovics is a big deal. Generally, I'm a fan of the brand - put aftermarket full Ak exhausts on several bikes - but sounded tinny on FTR and seemed to lack punch, even compared to the low-end pipes. Toce was huge improvement and bought them with money I saved skipping the high-priced bells and whistles bikes.

Max Kool

Remove the baffles and there’s nothing wrong with them. That said, now that they’re an accessory only, I don’t expect many people will choose them at that price point.

FTR London

Don't think losing the Akrapovics is a big deal. Generally, I'm a fan of the brand - put aftermarket full Ak exhausts on several bikes - but sounded tinny on FTR and seemed to lack punch, even compared to the low-end pipes. Toce was huge improvement and bought them with money I saved skipping the high-priced bells and whistles bikes.
For God's sake don't mention bells and bikes.