New Guy from Tennessee

UsnBud

Hi Guys, I just bought a 2019 FTRS with 1600 miles, love the bike! I'll be prowling this forum looking for advice, tips, etc. Its going to need tires soon, the front is stock and probably half worn, the rear is a new shinko dual sport type. Im going to replace with a set of street specific tires. Anyway, glad to be here and hope to learn alot.

edgelett

welcome!! lots of great info on here for tyres, any sports tourer is pretty good on the FTR.
I'm running conti Road attack 3's (rear is 160).
lots of others happy with Bridgestone T31's.

Aleko

welcome!! lots of great info on here for tyres, any sports tourer is pretty good on the FTR.
I'm running conti Road attack 3's (rear is 160).
lots of others happy with Bridgestone T31's.
R u running the original rims.? If It’s not too much trouble, what’s your front and rear tire size

UsnBud

No, I don’t know the bike but I remember seeing it at the dealer. It appeared to be in good condition to me.
It is. 1600 miles, the owner worked there and moved out of state. It’s practically new and I got a great deal on it. I saw you have a quad lock mount, how’s it been vibe wise? I killed my iPhone camera using a ram x-mount and have been wary of handle bar mounts since.

Omohundro

It is. 1600 miles, the owner worked there and moved out of state. It’s practically new and I got a great deal on it. I saw you have a quad lock mount, how’s it been vibe wise? I killed my iPhone camera using a ram x-mount and have been wary of handle bar mounts since.
I killed my camera also (with quad lock), I had to get their antivib deal after that. It’s been good since then. The whole mount and charger is just so bulky now. I would kinda just like to put my phone back in my pocket if you know what I mean. I don’t care about my phone at all when I’m riding.

GoFast/TurnLeft

I replaced the worn front tire with a Shinko 705 to match the rear, removed the stock exhaust baffles, added a Puig small screen and had the fuse recall done at the dealer. Still love it. View attachment 4744
Really like the windscreen, do you have a link for the puig? I like the 3 different options with powerbronze but not a fan of the exposed brackets on the side.
I’d like to see more photos of the windscreen if possible too.

Rich.ftr

R u running the original rims.? If It’s not too much trouble, what’s your front and rear tire size
Hi all ive just come across another option from dunlop... Roadsmart3 170/60/18 that will fit 4.25 rim apparently..

They have the 19" front

Good reviews one race school endorses them on their 600 track bikes.

Im might give these ago soon.. Just need to learn rolling burnouts to be rid of the dt3r's.