New product update, SAMCO coolant hoses for the 2019+ FTRs

ng3FUMf4vCM3YgW

My attempt at installing didn't go so well today. Hopefully, I can get another junction hose from them without having to buy a whole new kit.

I beat the shit out of mine too much trying to wedge it in there (with no success) to feel comfortable using it. In the mean time I'll just start taking things apart so I can have more room to work on it.

Otherwise, the red hoses look nice on my white 22 1200 S.

Fortunately (sort of) the weather still sucks here so I have some time to wait. If I can't get a new junction then I'll just get the Indian recalled part and go back to the stock hoses.

Breto

Mine turned up the other day. Very very happy with my choice for the special order. I’ll be pulling mine apart to fit them and doing plugs at the same time. Stay tuned…👍😎

GLDFTR

My attempt at installing didn't go so well today. Hopefully, I can get another junction hose from them without having to buy a whole new kit.

I beat the shit out of mine too much trying to wedge it in there (with no success) to feel comfortable using it. In the mean time I'll just start taking things apart so I can have more room to work on it.

Otherwise, the red hoses look nice on my white 22 1200 S.

Fortunately (sort of) the weather still sucks here so I have some time to wait. If I can't get a new junction then I'll just get the Indian recalled part and go back to the stock hoses.
It can be done without taking thIngs apart….but it‘s not easy!

Attachments

• 1F4E1200-3DFE-4E6D-9EDB-887DD53BDDC3.jpeg
    1F4E1200-3DFE-4E6D-9EDB-887DD53BDDC3.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21

ng3FUMf4vCM3YgW

Update to my post above. Unfortunately a new junction hose from Samco was going to cost around $210 so I just ordered the revised junction hose from Indian for something like $29 shipped. Considering the part is largely hidden and I just did this for cosmetic purposes I think this will be ok.

I think maybe my hands are just too big and my unheated shop was just too cold when I did my first attempt. I did heat up the Indian hose when I did my second attempt and it seemed a lot more maleable. I was able to get the Indian hose on without extra disassembly - still not easy - took lots of swearing to get it on and my hands hurt for two days after.

Pics of the red hose kit on a white 22 FTR-S - the color matches perfectly:

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 12