New tuning options from Lloydz ( Ryan ).

S2Davies

I was very reluctant to go down the tuning rout, but I did have issues with lack of smooth running, but hey if yours runs well for you that makes you luckier than me. At the end of the day life is all about smiles, and it sound like we are both happy......sweet! 😃

edgelett

So I'm trying to figure it out. Is there a way to tell what software you have? I just bought mine and haven't had any of the issues people are reporting and I ride it every day. But I'm also planning on modifying it. It already has the akra baffles removed. Want to add the headers, but I'm concerned with the lack of tuning options. Does this mean than if I have the latest greatest updated software, which I'm sure I do, my only option is to ship my ecu in? Like that's it? I only ask since it's my only transportation. If my bike goes down I only got my chevrolegs
what RPM does it idle at while cold?

DeplorableOne

"Concerned at the lack of tuning options" Really???

^^NO lack of tuning options at all. Where are you getting your misinformation from? Remote tuning is available from both of the reputable tuners Ryan or Fuelmoto if you buy a PV3 from them. There is more information on this than you have time to read on both forums, do your research.

Whoever you choose to provide their tuning services you will not be disappointed in the results. Best to combine the tune and any exhaust changes you do at the same time as this will prevent you going back and forth asking and waiting for updates.
Yes there is literally a single tuner available. That's what I mean by that. So my last bike there were like 4-5 plus all the additional stuff like auto tuners wideband o2 sensors etc.

TPrescott

I did the Ryan flash of secret sauce because... well I wanted the full potential out of my bike with the mods I did.
Thank you Ryan for doing all the work it takes to get these bikes where they need to be. :cool:

K9F

Deplorable one. There are certainly more than one single tuner available, I mentioned two in my post. There are also other tuners that profess to be able to tune your bike but they don't have the specific great FTR results and Indian fan-base of the two I mentioned.

Last edited:

DeplorableOne

Deplorable one. There are certainly more than one single tuner available, I mentioned two in my post. There are also other tuners that profess to be able to tune your bike but they don't have the specific great FTR results and Indian fan-base of the two I mentioned.
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying by tuners, i mean devices with which we can tune the motorcycle ourselves, or have a local shop do it. AFAIK there is only one and that's the pv-3. There's thousands of human beings that can tune a dynojet power commander, a screaming eagle, a thundermax, a FP3, a Cobra Fi2000, a TTS mastertune. I myself have a multitude of experience tuning with the Screaming eagle tuner and it's PC software. I like that level of control. I have no experience with the PV-3. I doubt many local tuners would either, which is what I meant by lack of tuners available. I don't have a big issue with using one of these TWO guys, but quit acting like TWO guys is a lot of options. Sounds to me it's the only two options....

K9F

Why take it to a local shop when you can do it from the comfort of your own home? The level of access I think you are on about where you can change your own settings and parameters most people I assume don't really need or want it, for me the possibility of messing up big time would be too great. The two guys are certainly not the only two options this side of the pond. Could be your options may be limited your side of the pond? Me I stick with those that have a proven track record and great feedback. The PV 3 is a very capable tool and by nature is quite new. We all have to eventually embrace change and leave the older flash tuning systems behind. Shame you couldn't have kept the Harley as you would have been able to keep your multitude of experience and level of control with the Screaming Eagle in hand. A point of interest here is with the Screaming Eagle systems the dealerships over here will not give you the connecting leads after installation, only the tool itself. Too many people who 'think' that they are tuning aficionados have twiddled and tweaked only to end up crying in their coffee afterwards facing a huge repair bill. Nature of the beast I suppose that the PV 3 is the only tool for the FTR.

If your post had perhaps been clearer there would have been no misunderstanding for which I apologize. My local dealership Moore Speed Racing carries out tuning but admittedly they themselves are finding it difficult getting to grips with the PV 3. Have a look at FTRUK's posts commencing at post #10 of this very thread.

DeplorableOne

Why take it to a local shop when you can do it from the comfort of your own home? The level of access I think you are on about where you can change your own settings and parameters most people I assume don't really need or want it, for me the possibility of messing up big time would be too great. The two guys are certainly not the only two options this side of the pond. Could be your options may be limited your side of the pond? Me I stick with those that have a proven track record and great feedback. The PV 3 is a very capable tool and by nature is quite new. We all have to eventually embrace change and leave the older flash tuning systems behind. Shame you couldn't have kept the Harley as you would have been able to keep your multitude of experience and level of control with the Screaming Eagle in hand. A point of interest here is with the Screaming Eagle systems the dealerships over here will not give you the connecting leads after installation, only the tool itself. Too many people who 'think' that they are tuning aficionados have twiddled and tweaked only to end up crying in their coffee afterwards facing a huge repair bill. Nature of the beast I suppose that the PV 3 is the only tool for the FTR.

If your post had perhaps been clearer there would have been no misunderstanding for which I apologize. My local dealership Moore Speed Racing carries out tuning but admittedly they themselves are finding it difficult getting to grips with the PV 3. Have a look at FTRUK's posts commencing at post #10 of this very thread.
Hence my initial statement, "lack of tuning options" you keep agreeing AND disagreeing with my posts, weird bro....anyway like I said I'm trying for clarification and you're over here with what seems like no actual technical info for me, just some weird infatuation with 2 tuners being enough....I'm sure they're great. I was just trying to understand if the prevailing opinion is that sending in my ecu or flashing it from home were the two options, and if so which is better. Also if I have a specific AH2 software if that means I have to send it in rather than do an at home tune. The way the OP reads I have to send it in, hence my question since it's my primary mode of transpo

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You dont HAVE to send it if you have AH2, but if you want the smoothest and most flawless tune then you should. FM has a "revB" tune that some people seem to like with the new software, and some dont, I know some people have bought revB from FM and ended up having to send their ECU to ryan to have it flashed anyway, just wasting more money and time.

Yes there are two MAIN tuners, but there are several little tune shops around who you can get it from. But with how quirky the open/closed loop ECU system is on the FTR, its difficult to get a tune built to make it run smoothly, especially if you delete the CAT, thats why the two big tuners are prevalent, as they started building tunes and gathering data as soon as the bike was released in early 2019.

And thats another reason why only the PV3 is the only hand held you can use, because dynojet was one of the only ones willing to put in the time to make a tuner. Even if you take it to a smaller tuning shop, they will still have to load the tune via PV3, unless they spent thousands on the computer to be able to bench flash the ecu.

K9F

No ambiguity here:

There are only two totally non prevailing choices.

1. Ryan and Fuelmoto. Send in your ECU or home flash with the first, home flash only with the second.

2. Either way the ONLY device ANYONE can reflash your ECU remotely is with a PV 3.

Which is 'better' is a matter of opinion and this argument has been done to death, whatever someone buys into it is human nature often to profess that what you have is the best.

If it's charts, PV 3 evolution and development with the FTR and technical info you're after there is quite a bit in this thread.

Indian FTR 1200 Product & Dyno testing Fuel Moto | Indian Motorcycle Forum (indianmotorcycles.net)

To quantify and justify using the services of either Ryan or Fuelmoto I agreed with your point raised and used Moore Speed Racing's difficulties getting to grips with the PV 3 and FTRUK's experience as an example. All the information you need is readily available at your fingertips. No point realistically berating the lack of choices available to you when the two best providers can both yield fantastic results and if you are not happy they will continue to work with you until it is right.

Your bike your choice. It shouldn't be too difficult a choice to make perhaps? I am only trying to help and can offer assistance only based on the information you type.

Last edited:
Yes there is literally a single tuner available. That's what I mean by that. So my last bike there were like 4-5 plus all the additional stuff like auto tuners wideband o2 sensors etc.
That is capitalism and the marketplace in action. It is what it is.

I believe there are currently two viable options , Ryan ECU flash or Fuel Moto PV3. Both have advocates. Your decision.

Gene Hunt

No ambiguity here:

There are only two totally non prevailing choices.

1. Ryan and Fuelmoto. Send in your ECU or home flash with the first, home flash only with the second.

2. Either way the ONLY device ANYONE can reflash your ECU remotely is with a PV 3.

Which is 'better' is a matter of opinion and this argument has been done to death, whatever someone buys into it is human nature often to profess that what you have is the best.

If it's charts, PV 3 evolution and development with the FTR and technical info you're after there is quite a bit in this thread.

Indian FTR 1200 Product & Dyno testing Fuel Moto | Indian Motorcycle Forum (indianmotorcycles.net)

To quantify and justify using the services of either Ryan or Fuelmoto I agreed with your point raised and used Moore Speed Racing's difficulties getting to grips with the PV 3 and FTRUK's experience as an example. All the information you need is readily available at your fingertips. No point realistically berating the lack of choices available to you when the two best providers can both yield fantastic results and if you are not happy they will continue to work with you until it is right.

Your bike your choice. It shouldn't be too difficult a choice to make perhaps? I am only trying to help and can offer assistance only based on the information you type.

Having just fitted an Akra high with the associated link pipe, I purchased a PV3 for LLoydz based on some of the feedback from this forum. After flashing my bike it still seems to idle erratically and stall with rough running until it gets to temp. TBH I don't see that much difference from the stock tune. I did go back to LLoyds with these concerns and was told the idle will sort itself out, the bike will run rough until at temp even with a remap, and that they don't accept logs; basically they can't or won't make any changes based on my feedback. I will ride the bike a bit more but am leaning towards going with FuelMoto as they seem to be willing to tweak the map to your bike.

Any feedback regarding the idling and rough running until getting up to temp will be greatly appreciated. I'll post my experience about both tunes, especially if I go the FuelMoto route after trying Ryan's map.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
With the decat it will run weird till it’s up to around 130. Even in the manual it tells you to let it idle and arm up for a few min. It’s when the open loop/close loop system comes into play

...I did go back to LLoyds with these concerns and was told the idle will sort itself out, the bike will run rough until at temp even with a remap, and that they don't accept logs; basically they can't or won't make any changes based on my feedback. I will ride the bike a bit more but am leaning towards going with FuelMoto as they seem to be willing to tweak the map to your bike...
It was my understanding that with the initial factory software that LLoyds' V5 version used with the PV3 would include logs and upgraded tunes. And the factory upgraded software was only available as V6, the ECU reprogram.

Is this not true anymore?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Lloydz never did logs from remote bikes, as you cant get all the info needed simply by logging with the PV3 since it doesnt have all the sensors. But they did do remote tuning via their dealer networks, which have a whole array of sensors and computer that records logs.

However each version of the tunes got smoother as they got more data from a crap load of bikes over the years.

Yes v5 is the latest version you can use via the PV3, v6 and what every versions come after will be the bench flash.

I have v6 and my buddy has v6, with the exact same mods, the v6 is much smoother, because more tables can be altered while the ecu is on the bench, vs the DJ software

Bench flashing is nothing new, its been done with jap bikes for years, ive had a few of mine bench flashed.

@genehunt do you have v5?

Max Kool

It was my understanding that with the initial factory software that LLoyds' V5 version used with the PV3 would include logs and upgraded tunes.
I don't know what you mean here. With V5 you do not have to send in logs. You do need to tell Ryan what your exhaust config is. There's basically three choices:

1. stock everything, or at least cat installed with maybe a open exhaust after that.
2. decat pipe
3. Toce full system

Well, I certainly didn't understand what the V5/PV3 program really was. I guess I didn't understand what was happening when I read that Ryan sent out new tunes. It makes more sense now with the ECU reprogram instead of the PV3 file.

Max Kool

V5 was/is the latest iteration of tunes for FTR's that have the original Indian ECU software from Indian. To be used with an PV-3.

V6 is a bench flash for FTR's that run the later AH2 ECU software.

DeplorableOne

You dont HAVE to send it if you have AH2, but if you want the smoothest and most flawless tune then you should. FM has a "revB" tune that some people seem to like with the new software, and some dont, I know some people have bought revB from FM and ended up having to send their ECU to ryan to have it flashed anyway, just wasting more money and time.

Yes there are two MAIN tuners, but there are several little tune shops around who you can get it from. But with how quirky the open/closed loop ECU system is on the FTR, its difficult to get a tune built to make it run smoothly, especially if you delete the CAT, thats why the two big tuners are prevalent, as they started building tunes and gathering data as soon as the bike was released in early 2019.

And thats another reason why only the PV3 is the only hand held you can use, because dynojet was one of the only ones willing to put in the time to make a tuner. Even if you take it to a smaller tuning shop, they will still have to load the tune via PV3, unless they spent thousands on the computer to be able to bench flash the ecu.
That's what I was trying to sort out, if I HAD to or if it was just optional. There will be a few weeks here in August where it's over 115° and I probably will send it in then. Now at least I understand it enough to contact one of the tuners to square it away. That was my only question and it turned into some sort of argument over lack of tuners. I guess one tuning device is great IF it works, but if not then sending in the ecu is the only option I just wanted to know so I can plan some time to be without my bike down a couple weeks.