New tuning options from Lloydz ( Ryan ).

motocroft

No, I’m letting her get used to the lazy power curve that the 22 has before getting the bike flashed. I want to make sure she can handle the more intense power delivery. But soon.

Also it’s $200usd to purchase a second license for the power commander if you want to use it on more than one bike
Very good.
Will be interested to hear your feedback on the results.

I've not ridden a flashed FTR so have no point of comparison in that regard - however compared to my MT09 and Aprilia prior to that, I find the roll on from closed throttle on the FTR to be buttery smooth.
Small throttle openings at the apex for maintain throttle before winding on for exit is far superior to the snatchy Yamaha and lumpy Ape.
Even sport mode has the same response on small crack open (which is where fly-by-wire always struggles). Sport mode is more eager to spool up, but about the same at initial roll-on in my experience.

Again, super interested in your feedback once the MY22 is flashed.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Once the my22 is flashed. It will run like a flashed 2019. With a much more linear tq curve.

I actually have to try to get the 22 to wheelie in 2nd. My 19 would do it with ease even when it was stock.

M9Carbon22

I have read through the full thread (which is wild btw) and have come out slightly more confused than anything else.

Currently I have a Carbon 22 FTR, I want the Lloydz Flash and I live in Australia
I want a cat delete and a nice sounding exhaust but not tied to anything yet (Toce and the Hydroform sound the best in personal opinion)
My current understanding as far as my order of events is
1. Buy exhaust (full system or cat delete plus can)
2. Send ECU flash to Lloydz or can I now use a PV3?
3. Fit both flashed ECU and exhaust
3.5. Cry unimaginably at the cost
4. Good to go?

If PV3 is an option its different to the bench flash? Strange to think the software is different between upload methods?
Some comment suggest not doing a cat delete?
Should I change out the air filter btw?
Ferraiolo1 do you have endless patience, how?

Charliemurphay

I have read through the full thread (which is wild btw) and have come out slightly more confused than anything else.

Currently I have a Carbon 22 FTR, I want the Lloydz Flash and I live in Australia
I want a cat delete and a nice sounding exhaust but not tied to anything yet (Toce and the Hydroform sound the best in personal opinion)
4. Good to go?

If PV3 is an option its different to the bench flash? Strange to think the software is different between upload methods?
In general you are correct. If you are set on a Toce exhaust the Lloydz bench tune flash is the best option as it has been optimized for that exhaust in particular (is my understanding). If you want a different exhaust, either tuning method is an option. I have the Fuel Moto PV3 tune personally and I love it. That said I may still try a bench tune at some point down the road. I’m curious enough about a difference. Both methods will be night and day difference over a stock tune.

If you are only going to do a slip-on exhaust instead of a full system, the bike will run better with the cat installed as opposed to removed with just a link pipe. If you leave the cat installed there is no real need to have a tune but it will still make the bike run better than stock. If you remove the cat the bike will run worse and be down on power a bit. That is why when removing the cat a tune is highly suggested.

The highest proven power combination for this bike is a Lloydz bench flash with a Toce exhaust.

There is no proven power gain by changing to a K&N air filter so it’s not suggested and the stock filter provides better filtration so overall better for the motors longevity.

PV3 tune: Order a tuner from Fuel Moto. They send you the tuner, you scan the bike with your tuner and send them the read file via email. They in turn email you a tune. You use tuner to load the tune and boom you’re done. This method is cheaper and quicker with virtually no bike downtime, and Fuel Moto provides lifetime remote tuning support so if you are not happy with your tune, you log a ride with the tuner hooked up and send them the log. They then send you an updated tune that should fix whatever parameter you don’t like and you reflash it. This method IS detectable by the dealer so depending on your dealer they may deny a warranty claim alleging the tune is to blame.

Llodyz bench tune: You physically remove the bikes ECU and mail it to them. They flash the ECU for you on their bench rig, then mail it back to you. Reinstall ECU, boom you’re done. This method is allegedly undetectable by the dealership software (for warranty purposes) and allows far more parameter changes than the PV3 tuner allows, giving a better more optimized tune. But also more expensive and longer downtime of your bike while you wait for the ECU to come back.

Last edited:

edgelett

Hey mate - I'm in Aus too so hopefully I can help.

The new Carbon 22 FTR has the new ECU software update (known as AH2 on here).
Sadly, if you want a Lloydz tune, they aren't offering the PV3 tuning option for people with the newest ECU software. Something to do with not being able to alter the tables in the map properly, Mike or Max will be able to clarify better.
If you are set on a Lloydz tune, your only option is to post your ECU to Ryan in the USA - but be aware, there are currently postage issues with getting mail from the USA. USPS aren't posting to Aus at all at the moment so you probably want to have a good conversation with Lloydz first before you send it off, last thing you want is to be without your ECU for a while.
Because that is the only way Lloydz can tune the newer bikes. you want to make certain you are 100% decided on your exhaust before you send it off. Cause shipping it back and forth would suck.
I have the Toce, and vouch for it being awesome. Recommend you get the DB killer installed as it has so far kept the po po at bay for me.
I got my Lloydz tune for a bike on the original software which is why I can use the PV3 with mine.

As for using a PV3 and Fuel Moto tune - Feedback from users is that it works well with the older software (known as 9LO) but those with the newer software have had problems such as flame outs etc.
I have never had a FM tune, but some people on here got FM and then went to Lloydz, they will be the best people that can compare the difference for you.

Several people here have gone from a Lloyd V5 with PV3 (same tune I have) to a Lloydz V6 with ECU flash and say it's a big difference and well worth it.

Sadly it's just harder for us down here - we can't take our bike or ECU to someone to flash tune.
Depending on where in AU you are, some people have gone to a local dyno tuner with mixed results. Some are over the moon and say there's no reason to get a Lloydz tune.
I know of others who got a local Dyno tune and then found out the guy who did it just used the stock tunes from Dynojet and ended up getting a Lloydz tune anyway so cost them double in the long run.
I'm still hoping that Lloydz set up remote tuning here in Aus in the near future.

4. Good to go?

The cat on a 22 is welded to the headers and meet in an oval so there are no cat delete pipes available

M9Carbon22

The cat on a 22 is welded to the headers and meet in an oval so there are no cat delete pipes available
My plans are more the full system route (provided I have the money) but in time I would assume companies would recognise the need for a cat delete. It would work out cheaper probably

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Deleting the cat and keeping the factory header doesn’t give you any performance gains, in fact it actually removes some mid range power

only advantage is a little wright loss and looks better.

thus why there isn’t much effort being made to make a delete pipe for the 22. Plus not many people will want to saw their header.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
It’s time. I should have it back Monday. A few days in the 40s next week so I should get to test before the snow.

Attachments

• C122889D-5015-4CA0-A9D3-32224A6CD85C.jpeg
    C122889D-5015-4CA0-A9D3-32224A6CD85C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20

Breto

Oh wow man so you’ve done the bench flash thing??…very interested in your thoughts Mike…🤔👍😎

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
So the 22 had a few different quirks over the 19 in stock form. It liked to spit and sputter around 3-4k and the mid range was pretty weak.

The ecu flash fixed all that. Absolutely zero surging. I tried to get it to surge and buck by riding in 6th gear at 25mph. Not even then.

And the mid range power dip is pretty much eliminated.

It’s cold and wet here. So only got to spend the afternoon on it. I’ll try and get out more next week.

as far as it feeling like a 2019 that was flashed, it feels the same as a flashed 19 in standard mode. As Ryan doesn’t play with the throttle by wire settings. I’ll probably be buying the s&s controller to gain sport mode throttle feel

Wayne

I keep seeing theads the Toce puts out the best gains but on Lyolds dyno S&S bested the others by 1.1 HP. That of course was on a '19 S but I would think the gains would be consitent with the V6 bench tune and Ryan implied that when I told him the congifuration I was running wthi Akropovic header, cat delete and S&S. See attached for Lyods dyo result.

Attachments

• FTR Slip On Dyno.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 54