On any Sunday...

JDigi

Thankfully in the USA you never have to prove your innocence, the prosecutors have to prove your guilt. Tinted full-face = good luck.

kiwi dave

Red light cameras normally take the photo from the front. Too bad in the USA (and NZ) there is no requirement for a front license plate.

And a lot of riders look the same, especially with their dark visor closed.

I did get caught on a camera once. Well, according to the cop that arrested me, I was snapped by a traffic camera in an airplane. When I asked where was the plane, the cop just pointed directly to the sun!

This was when I was riding on Hwy 101 heading south on a public holiday. I learnt not to ride on a holiday as these cops are so pissed about working they vent their anger on any unsuspecting victim. And I wasn't speeding!

Max Kool

Tbh, I have yet to meet a pissed cop. The ones I met while riding were friendly and professional.

edgelett

Tbh, I have yet to meet a pissed cop. The ones I met while riding were friendly and professional.
agree 100%.
my encounters with police while riding have consisted of:

Random licence check, where they were very friendly & complimentary about my bike (the Hornet) and wished us a lovely day
Passing a motorcycle cop while out in the hills, where he gave me a nod and carried on despite the fact I was about 20kph over the limit cause he was enjoying the weather too
Passing an officer in a car who detected I was speeding & gestured to slow down, when I did he gave a thumbs up and carried on
Getting to an intersection on the FTR with the TOCE, police car coming the other day slows down & they have a look & give a thumbs up and yell 'nice bike!' out the window
and even the guy who gave me a warning for having no rear reflector on the Hornet was very very polite. He could have decided to defect the bike and then I would need a full inspection which would mean they'd get me for the tail tidy, exhaust, and possibly after market indicators - instead he gave me a warning & said 'get that fixed and let's never see each other again ok?'

and no I wasn't always alone in these encounters, often I was out with my husband or my dad so it wasn't purely based on my gender.

i often find if you're polite they're polite in return. but I guess everyone's experience is different.

Max Kool

Red light cameras normally take the photo from the front. Too bad in the USA (and NZ) there is no requirement for a front license plate.
In CA there actually is a requirement for a front license plate -for cars-, they just hardly check at that. And red light cameras take photo's from multiple sides at the same time here actually. From the rear and from the front, sometimes even timelapse (damhik)

edgelett

In CA there actually is a requirement for a front license plate -for cars-
front plates required for all cars in Aus and NZ.
bikes don't need them though thank goodness. Every now and then someone tries to bring a law in to require them but we're able to demonstrate how dangerous they are and it goes away.

motocroft

agree 100%.
my encounters with police while riding have consisted of:

Random licence check, where they were very friendly & complimentary about my bike (the Hornet) and wished us a lovely day
Passing a motorcycle cop while out in the hills, where he gave me a nod and carried on despite the fact I was about 20kph over the limit cause he was enjoying the weather too
Passing an officer in a car who detected I was speeding & gestured to slow down, when I did he gave a thumbs up and carried on
Getting to an intersection on the FTR with the TOCE, police car coming the other day slows down & they have a look & give a thumbs up and yell 'nice bike!' out the window
and even the guy who gave me a warning for having no rear reflector on the Hornet was very very polite. He could have decided to defect the bike and then I would need a full inspection which would mean they'd get me for the tail tidy, exhaust, and possibly after market indicators - instead he gave me a warning & said 'get that fixed and let's never see each other again ok?'

and no I wasn't always alone in these encounters, often I was out with my husband or my dad so it wasn't purely based on my gender.

i often find if you're polite they're polite in return. but I guess everyone's experience is different.
You haven't met the VicPol then :(

motocroft

yeah they're a different breed over in mexico haha
The running joke (truth it would seem) is to pass the VicPol hiway patrol test you need to issue an infringement to your Granny on Xmas eve with all the trimmings.

Do that and you get a gold star.

S2Davies

This was the first run we did Sunday, after not having ridden together for three years. Carefully building trust.

Really nice footage. I've just leapt into the world of Gopro and was wondering what you guys are using as camera mounts, and also do the Gopros suffer from vibration issues if you mount them on the bars?

cupcake_mike

A mate of mine popped a wheelie beside a car going down the motorway…they sent the footage to the cops here and he got a nice pic, letter and a fine…they zoomed in on his plate when he put it down. He was in his own lane, no one in front or behind him. Just these people didn’t like what he was doing and the rest is history.

Must be an austrailia thing, that shit wouldn't fly in the states. Might get you a "visit" to talk, but you can't prosecute/fine without verifiable proof of an infraction. A video from a random asshole is not proof.