Panigale rider...

Max Kool

Man man man, have to get this off my chest.... 👿

They should include an advanced riding training with every Panigale... had a guy in front of me on Las Flores and the start of Piuma, which are local canyon roads... and the fact that he actually found Las Flores means he must be local (it’s a little hidden)

Wide open on the straights, butt and knee out in every turn, even simple switchbacks and esses (in jeans 🤓), but super, super slow in the turns, braking way too hard, way too early. Clearly looking at the road 2’ ahead only. Very squirrely. I was literally riding his tail every turn. Once on Piuma I honked a few times (he must have seen my headlight for at least a few miles), and finally he got the message and let me pass. This guy was so sketchy I didn’t have the balls to pass him unexpectedly because his “lines” (no lines).

What a D... learn to lean

(And I seriously took it easy today -except on Tuna Canyon road of course 😄 but that was later in the day-)

*I nearly stopped him to offer some canyon lessons

So, that felt good

edgelett

I've seen a few riders that get around like that- scares the crap out of you esp when they refuse to acknowledge you are quicker and let you through.
my dad nearly rode straight in to the back of someone once cause they were egging him on but as soon as they got to the first corner the other dude hit the anchors hard.
glad you didn't collide and are OK.

EllenGtrGrl

Believe it or not, I've had that situation with Harley riders around here, the few times I've run into them on back roads (they usually stick to the freeway). Usually, it's a case of them being road hogs, to show that they "own the road."

One of the situations actually got a little dangerous, so I backed off before things got out of hand (because it was obvious they were going to keep on doing stupid things). The situation occurred when I had my old BMW F800 several years ago. At that time, 3 "real Murican riders" came motoring up behind me on their overweight, underpowered Dynas (I think). I was already doing 10 over the speed limit, on a 2 lane road, where unless traffic is light (it wasn't that day), it's not wise to go any faster. Well, the "real motorcycle riders", decided to show me who was the boss, so they went blasting past me with smirks on their faces (how could I tell? being "real riders" they didn't wear helmets). I got kind of annoyed (which was stupid of me - I should have just let it slide), so I hit the throttle, and went past all three (there was not oncoming traffic for at least a mile, so I had plenty of room to do so) doing about 90 mph. I backed off the throttle, and settled down to a more sane speed. Well, they couldn't let that pass, so all 3 Harleys went shooting past me again - the last one, did it with oncoming traffic, at the most maybe 150 years away (not cool! that's cutting things too close IMO). After that happened, I decided to just let them "have their victory", because things could get out of hand, possibly resulting in tragedy, and let them go on their merry way. Some people!!

Max Kool

@Max,
in these kind of situation I would stop for a cigarette and then go forward with my speed ;)
Take care always✌️
Ha! I typically do, only this was literally in the first canyon I hit.... but you’re absolutely rightl

@EllenGtrGrl being a girl didn’t help either I guess...

EllenGtrGrl

Ha! I typically do, only this was literally in the first canyon I hit.... but you’re absolutely rightl

@EllenGtrGrl being a girl didn’t help either I guess...
Unfortunately, no - 2 of the 3 Harley riders had their wives or girlfriends as passengers on the bikes, so they probably didn't think much about a girl rider. They were a scruffy looking bunch.

S2Davies

Man man man, have to get this off my chest.... 👿

They should include an advanced riding training with every Panigale... had a guy in front of me on Las Flores and the start of Piuma, which are local canyon roads... and the fact that he actually found Las Flores means he must be local (it’s a little hidden)

Wide open on the straights, butt and knee out in every turn, even simple switchbacks and esses (in jeans 🤓), but super, super slow in the turns, braking way too hard, way too early. Clearly looking at the road 2’ ahead only. Very squirrely. I was literally riding his tail every turn. Once on Piuma I honked a few times (he must have seen my headlight for at least a few miles), and finally he got the message and let me pass. This guy was so sketchy I didn’t have the balls to pass him unexpectedly because his “lines” (no lines).

What a D... learn to lean

(And I seriously took it easy today -except on Tuna Canyon road of course 😄 but that was later in the day-)

*I nearly stopped him to offer some canyon lessons

So, that felt good
Hey we have all been there. I've worn a few sliders down in my younger days but I'm no racer. Unfortunately some of the lads I used to ride with were very quick, I soon learned that letting them set off first and catching them up when they were half way through their cigarette break was a lot safer for everyone. I don't atempt the knee down stuff any more.......especially with these tyres ;)

EagleEye78

Hey we have all been there. I've worn a few sliders down in my younger days but I'm no racer. Unfortunately some of the lads I used to ride with were very quick, I soon learned that letting them set off first and catching them up when they were half way through their cigarette break was a lot safer for everyone. I don't atempt the knee down stuff any more.......especially with these tyres ;)

That’s the way I play it now. I can still have an enjoyable ride. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

I don’t think I want my kids pulling the same stupid shit I use too! Sometimes the best way to learn is by falling flat on your face.

D

Deleted member 706

Sorry for that gratuitous sexist remark... (just a little)
BUT...
it's pronounced Panny Girlie. :rolleyes: