Petrol tank

Keles

there are now ways to fill up with more gasoline. With the 13 liter tank, everything is extremely little to really be on the go and have fun. In the meantime, I've been lying down for the fifth time without petrol. is there any bigger tank? a 3 to 4 liter larger tank is enough. In addition, in the mountains you can hardly stop when you want to drive downhill and curves, the tank is too shallow and therefore does not stop. When braking, you put a lot of weight on your hand joints. I'll try to mitigate with a tank bag. I now have a 2 liter reserve canister with me. is probably the cheaper solution.

edgelett

there are no larger tank options. some people take small reserve bags with them in case they get stuck.

I don't follow your comment about not being able to stop while riding downhill?? the brakes on the FTR are pretty damn good, I find I'm able to slow down for corners quite well by combining engine braking with the brakes on the bikes. I don't feel a lot of weight on my wrists. if you're having that issue maybe you need higher bars?

Keles

if the tank were a little higher at the back, as is the case with many motorcycles, you have a lot more grip because you can fall with your stomach on the tank. This makes braking extremely easy before cornering and you don't have to support your entire body weight with your wrist. Whether I use the brake with or without a motor, it does not change that the tank does not have a proper hold, when braking you simply have too much weight on your hand joints. when I'm in the mountains, I drive quite long and extremely, because I can't always go there (too far away), by the way, I've been to the racetrack twice briefly and it was no different, wrists suffer the most. this is not the case with normal driving on the road. After eight hours of driving pain only the ass 😀 is not built for extremes but it is one of the most beautiful motorcycles I've ever had. For the extreme I will buy the Yamaha MT 10 SP, which is to be bought here in Germany in April 2022.

Attachments

• 5CE1A318-D1A7-4B18-9308-3080073AD240.jpeg
    5CE1A318-D1A7-4B18-9308-3080073AD240.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
  • E0DFAF3A-6570-4F69-B606-9565EF028650.jpeg
    E0DFAF3A-6570-4F69-B606-9565EF028650.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 29

Max Kool

Brace yourself with your thighs against the tank. No problem. With your belly against the tank is not the best habit anyway…(you often want your weight in the center of the seat while braking).

Last edited:

Keles

I recently also pressed both thighs against the tank so that you had the right grip and that's the right one, but the tank is full of carbon and now it has got quite a few scratches, so I'll paint it with a special clear varnish so it doesn't get scratched again. I don't like sticking foil on it. Crashing with a stomach is always better for handling with this handlebar, because you sit much closer to the handlebars and therefore have much better handling. Regards Keles

Max Kool

Carrying your weight with your core muscles and you hips/legs is motorcycle riding 101… (regardless of type of bike).

I’m confused.

Last edited:

Keles

I'm also confused that the translation program does such a bummer. does not matter. it should be thigh, with which you can still fall on the tank. but like i said it is the translation machine ..

mcpt1

Agreed, the best way to stabilize when slowing is gripping the tank with your thighs. didn't want to cover up the lovely carbon tank with tank grips that covered it up , settled on clear stopmgrips

Attachments

• 1639961761430.png
    1639961761430.png
    6 MB · Views: 30