PowerVision3 vs lloydz tune? or both?

AllAroundRider

I'm a complete noob to the tuning world on motorcycles so bear with me, I'm looking at getting a full exhaust system on my 22 most likely the toce considering it's my only option at this point. I've been told a few different opinions on what I should do for a tune, on one side I have people telling me to send my ECU to Lloydz and on the other end i have people telling me a power vision will do the same as lloydz tune (personly i think that's crap but who knows). and I'm thinking I should get lloydz and a power vision so I can play with Lloyds tune a bit cause I'm in a weird area that only sells non-ethonal 92. like I said before I'm a NOOB.
*EDIT* Lloydz sells a pv/tune kit has anyone else used this on a 22 or is it not an option?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-03 185533.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-03 185533.png
    276 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Sullaha

Pretty sure the PV3 option doesn't work with 22s (I'm open to correction there) so send that ECU in and prepare to say "I wished I did that sooner".

And to clarify the PV3 is the tool you use (amongst other functions) to flash up to V5 tunes from anywhere, including Lloyd's into '19 models. Later versions require the ECU to be bench tuned as they describe it.

AllAroundRider

Pretty sure the PV3 option doesn't work with 22s (I'm open to correction there) so send that ECU in and prepare to say "I wished I did that sooner".

And to clarify the PV3 is the tool you use (amongst other functions) to flash up to V5 tunes from anywhere, including Lloyd's into '19 models. Later versions require the ECU to be bench tuned as they describe it.
thankyou for the clarification. on PV's website, it says it will work for 22 ftr but i dont know if its just their site being weird or what but i would rather not find out the hard way.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-03 185146.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-03 185146.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 7

Charliemurphay

If you want a Lloydz tune look for a remote tuning center on their site. You may not need to mail it in at all if your closest dealer is one.

AllAroundRider

If you want a Lloydz tune look for a remote tuning center on their site. You may not need to mail it in at all if your closest dealer is one.
Unfortunately, I'm in commiefornia so they won't do remote tuning, and at home in Oregon the only dealer is about 350 miles away from me.

edgelett

LLoydz are the ONLY tuning option currently available for the Toce full system, and they do not offer PV3 tuning for the 2022 model FTR - you would need to get your ECU flashed by them instead.

Yes you can flash a tune from Dynojet themselves via a PV3 to a 2022, but they don't have a tune for the Toce.
Fuel Moto also recon they can tune a 2022 via PV3 (they have claimed this on other forums) but they also do not have a tune for the Toce.

The Toce for the 2022 was designed in conjunction with Lloydz so they are your best option.

AllAroundRider

LLoydz are the ONLY tuning option currently available for the Toce full system, and they do not offer PV3 tuning for the 2022 model FTR - you would need to get your ECU flashed by them instead.

Yes you can flash a tune from Dynojet themselves via a PV3 to a 2022, but they don't have a tune for the Toce.
Fuel Moto also recon they can tune a 2022 via PV3 (they have claimed this on other forums) but they also do not have a tune for the Toce.

The Toce for the 2022 was designed in conjunction with Lloydz so they are your best option.
So if i were to buy this it wouldn't work?, the only way to get a lloydz is to send it to them? sorry I'm confused why they sell the pv3 if their tune wont work on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-03 185533.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-03 185533.png
    276 KB · Views: 5

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
No. He moved away from pv3 tuning because of the inconsistencies on the newer ftr software. It works fine in early 2019. But You can mail your ecu in, It’s a one day turn around time if there isn’t a remote tuning center near you.

I used to use the pv3 then got the ecu flash. It’s MUCH better.

Last edited:

mark.lb

What Charliemurphay said.
Find a dealership that does Lloydz remote tuning. No need to remove or ship your ECU and it can be completed in less than 1 hour while you wait. My dealership Pitt Cycles also builds custom tunes in conjunction with Lloydz. This is a little more involved and requires several data logging rides. My 2021 Scout is now running a Revolution Performance big bore kit and Andrews 420 cams. We hope to complete the custom tune next week. (We were delayed by winter weather and rock salt in Pittsburgh.) 99A1631A-E5DD-404B-AA67-19340D251C4D.jpeg9C9D413F-F0A9-4EC1-BA73-D9323554AB5D.jpegC448F473-C008-48D7-9F36-08075B4256DF.jpeg2F9BDB45-8749-4EA9-984D-93CF4B804D66.jpeg3A06389D-81E2-4BB4-B13A-C4F22FFD81C7.jpeg

DoingOK

As others have said (along with multiple users experiences with other products)....if you get the Toce full system, the Lloyd's tune is a no brainer. Huge difference for my 2022 FTR Carbon. Excellent support from Ryan as well and the guy that designed the FTR Toce setup works with Ryan now.

znew2b.JPG

Last edited:

edgelett

So if i were to buy this it wouldn't work?, the only way to get a lloydz is to send it to them? sorry I'm confused why they sell the pv3 if their tune wont work on it.
I'm not sure why they have that on their website to be honest. it works fine for a 2019 with original software but not a 2022.
if in doubt, ring them or send them an email though

Walrus

My local Indian dealer, who is installing TOCE exhaust, and I opted for PV3 over Lloyds for a 2022. Will update how it shakes out in 10 days or less.

Ftr noob

The pv3 works with the 2022 I can confirm. However no tunes are available on the website so you have to contact them to get one. It’s not perfect but I’m tech savvy enough to use the data log and input a few changes to make it better. I plan on having a local shop actually dyno tune mine. But for now this works for me. I’ve heard nothing but good about the Lloyd’s tune though. And also I put the akro headers on mine that’s re for the 2019. Just had to modify the lower mount to fit. ( it’s straight on the 2022 and needs to be at a 90. ) imo the Lloyd’s tune is Better at this point because dyno jet doesn’t have any tunes out. But if you are like me and want to tinker / get a tune done on a dyno nothing wrong with the pv3

Walrus

We are using a PV3 and the dyno. Decided after speaking with llyods. Of course, pipes just shipped. Proof is in the pudding. Probably be at least 10 days before I can update. But I will.