holli

i think i tried all options now for my ftr 2020 carbon with following mods
  • air filter k/n
  • iridium spark plugs
  • de-cat (akrapovic link pipe)
  • stock exhaust (akrapovic black) with mufflers in
  • superlite 46t rear sprocket
  • irc blipper
i started with the pv3 files from dynojet - they even send me a special one for my setup - but it did not feel ok (very jerky / lots of exhaust blob's,...) but it was for free except the pv3 - than i got for the same setup a lloydz tune from ryan - this was much better but still - it felt in my opinion to jerky between 3000 to 4500 rpm and lots of exhaust blob's during downshifts - got in contact again with ryan and he was aware of this - but this is not fixable with a pv3 he told me - only a remote tuning on the ecu would eliminate that - before shipping my ecu to holland (as i'm located in austria and here is no remote tuning available) - i decided to get a pv3 file from fuel-moto as well - this did not feel so good/strong as the lloydz one - but was jerky as well in the low rpm's as the lloydz one - fm told me i should run for couple of km's so the engine/ecu can adjust - i did put some km's on it but it did not change/fix it - so today i got my ecu back from holland and i put the first 100km's on it - and it makes a big difference - i do not have any jerks anymore in low rpm - it is really smooth and the exhaust blob's are almost gone as well - so i could have saved myself some money if i would have gone straight to the lloydz ecu remote tuning as this works best for me and my setup.

FTR London

• air filter k/n
  • iridium spark plugs
  • irc blipper
i started with the pv3 files from dynojet - they even send me a special one for my setup - but it did not feel ok (very jerky / lots of exhaust blob's,...) but it was for free except the pv3 - than i got for the same setup a lloydz tune from ryan - this was much better but still - it felt in my opinion to jerky between 3000 to 4500 rpm and lots of exhaust blob's during downshifts - got in contact again with ryan and he was aware of this - but this is not fixable with a pv3 he told me - only a remote tuning on the ecu would eliminate that - before shipping my ecu to holland (as i'm located in austria and here is no remote tuning available) - i decided to get a pv3 file from fuel-moto as well - this did not feel so good/strong as the lloydz one - but was jerky as well in the low rpm's as the lloydz one - fm told me i should run for couple of km's so the engine/ecu can adjust - i did put some km's on it but it did not change/fix it - so today i got my ecu back from holland and i put the first 100km's on it - and it makes a big difference - i do not have any jerks anymore in low rpm - it is really smooth and the exhaust blob's are almost gone as well - so i could have saved myself some money if i would have gone straight to the lloydz ecu remote tuning as this works best for me and my setup.
The chief concerns for me with the 19 were the inherent cold start issue and the cut-outs. I knew that I was eventually fitting the Toce low-mount system and held out until then, relying on a custom Dynojet flash in the interim. I now have the version 6 bench tune installed and the cold start problem is completely eliminated. At first it didn't bang and crackle on the overrun, but this has returned with vengeance. The lack of a baffle and the cat delete obviously doesn't help. The throttle is responsive and very smooth with a lovely linear power delivery. The uncommanded blips are still present - albeit to a lesser extent - but this is of no consequence whatsoever. There is no longer any surging and since the snatchiness on the throttle has been eradicated it is much harder to wheelie. Prior to the Loydz tune, I was routinely pulling power wheelies in second and third and if I was careless, sometimes unintentionally. This wasn't simply a few inches - usually 35-40 degree angle or more. Now I have to coax/clutch her up...or really give it a fistful of revs, which I guess is a consequence of the tamer throttle and less peaky power.

Worryingly, I experienced an engine cut-out at low revs last week.

It isn't the complete panacea that people purport it to be, but it's definitely a no-brainer and transforms the bike. If the cut-outs continue I will need to have words though.

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Cutouts aren’t always tune related. If they were happening before the tune and after it could be one of the fuses acting finicky. There was a recall in 2019 for them. But that doesn’t mean the new ones can’t all be perfect

FTR London

Cutouts aren’t always tune related. If they were happening before the tune and after it could be one of the fuses acting finicky. There was a recall in 2019 for them. But that doesn’t mean the new ones can’t all be perfect
Yeah I did think that might be a possibility despite the bike having its recall. It only happens at low revs on a closed throttle though which is also telling and points at fuelling to me. It also starts immediately. I'll obviously continue to monitor the situation.

Regarding the tune though, the bike is so silky smooth and well tempered following the Version 6 it's like a completely different machine. Absolutely no reason not to have it.

Last edited:

mark.lb

• air filter k/n
  • iridium spark plugs
  • irc blipper
I was late to the Lloyd’z - V6 tune as well! My bike ran pretty well on the factory tune and I did not have cold start or stall issues. I put on 8,000 miles and went almost three years on the stock tune. (I had other irons in the motorcycle fire.) Then my dealership became a Lloyd’z RTC. Mike (the technician who built my Scout) talked me into tuning the FTR. I was surprised and pleased with the improvement. Especially the mid range torque and peak power. Indian’s stock tune definitely left some performance on the table. I now run Lloyd’z tunes on three of my four Indians. I am thinking about building the 111TS in my Vintage this winter. If I do it will also get a Lloyd’z tune!

zane8stacks

Just made my own post then saw this, and one of you might be able to answer.

Stock 2019 RR. I was going to get the Lloyds v6 tune here in the next few weeks, and do a CAT delete on the bike. I read somewhere that i would lose some mid range doing that? Would those that have had the tune recommend it with a stock exhaust set up. I'm not looking for anything super loud just trying to get a little more rumble out of the bike.

Max Kool

Word from "my" tuner: Keep the cat, remove the baffles (or get a different slipon), and get the V6 for your setup. The stock headers perform best with the cat/resonator.

You're serious going to love it. Not overly loud but still sounds "adult".

Tripack

• air filter k/n
  • iridium spark plugs
  • irc blipper
Hi Holli,
Living in Switzerland, shipping the ECU of my 22 carbon to the US (for having Lloydz reflash) isn't very practical...
You're saying you shipped yours to Holland? Could you give me more infos?
Thank you a lot in advance for answering this!

holli

Hi Holli,
Living in Switzerland, shipping the ECU of my 22 carbon to the US (for having Lloydz reflash) isn't very practical...
You're saying you shipped yours to Holland? Could you give me more infos?
Thank you a lot in advance for answering this!
hello,

i tried almost all options - but i reverted the lloydz ecu flash - this year - and i'm using now the pv3 tune from thomas kopp (germany) - he has some post in this forum as well (as he sells cool ftr parts made of carbon and link pipes...) - as the weather was not so good this year - i did not put a lot of km's on my ftr as last year - but so far it was ok and - i could not spot a difference to the ecu flash - which eliminates the possibility for pv3 flashes - as a dealer has to re-flash the ecu to be able to use pv3 tunes again,...

best regards
holli

Peterson

As others have said (along with multiple users experiences with other products)....if you get the Toce full system, the Lloyd's tune is a no brainer. Huge difference for my 2022 FTR Carbon. Excellent support from Ryan as well and the guy that designed the FTR Toce setup works with Ryan now.

View attachment 5788
nice bike design - can you tell me, where to get the brake ducts and the windshield?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
He unfortunately away a a little while ago.

I think the brake ducts were made for a Ducati. And a Puig windshield.