PowerVision3 vs lloydz tune? or both?

edgelett

ok so not getting the Lloydz tune but you're going to see your dealer and they're going to use a dyno to tune it to the Toce for you?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I can work. It can also not work. There were too many inconsistencies with the pv3 loading it’s tune on the new bikes. That’s why they moved away from it. Hopefully yours accepts it once you start tuning

Charliemurphay

And here I’m considering going down the road to get my ECU flashed since my dealer is a remote tuning center now. I’m just curious how the other half lives lol.

Get2theChoppa

So if i were to buy this it wouldn't work?, the only way to get a lloydz is to send it to them? sorry I'm confused why they sell the pv3 if their tune wont work on it.
I recently emailed them, and they stated, “The PV3 has not been officially tested and approved for 2022 Indian FTR1200 at this point, but it is probably coming soon.” As well as some other stuff I asked about. Really thorough, quick response! I hope they do figure it out. Customer service seems on point.

edgelett

I recently emailed them, and they stated, “The PV3 has not been officially tested and approved for 2022 Indian FTR1200 at this point, but it is probably coming soon.”
Is that from Lloydz?
now my ECU is flashed I was going to sell my PV3 but if it can be used with the 2022 in the near future I'll hang on to it and use it for my husband's bike

Get2theChoppa

Is that from Lloydz?
now my ECU is flashed I was going to sell my PV3 but if it can be used with the 2022 in the near future I'll hang on to it and use it for my husband's bike
That was directly from Chris Kelly at Dynojet. He didn’t specify whether they’d add tunes that work with the 22 ECU’s, or if they’d be coming out with a new tuner, but holding onto it might be worthwhile.

edgelett

That was directly from Chris Kelly at Dynojet. He didn’t specify whether they’d add tunes that work with the 22 ECU’s, or if they’d be coming out with a new tuner, but holding onto it might be worthwhile.
ah ok - yeah the Dynojet tunes aren't great to be honest. Lloydz tunes are much better.
Cheers I'll advertise the PV3.

mark.lb

Saturday Mike at Pitt Cycles completed the custom tune in conjunction with Lloydz. This is a picture of Mike taping the PV3 to the tank for the final data logging ride. Initially when we planned this build we were going to dyno tune this engine. Lloydz convinced Mike that they could actually develop a better tune using the data logging/ computer method than using a dyno. Lloydz has several dynos in house and they told Mike if they were doing this build, they would not use a dyno to tune it. Based on their tuning experience with Scouts they would use a base tune to get the new engine running then do data logging rides to dial it in.

The tune was successful. I would like to thank Pitt Cycles and Lloydz for their efforts.
(I would like to thank Mike especially for taking several wide open to red line rides on a bike that is an absolute animal sometimes in pretty cold weather.)

The Scout runs great. It is very, very strong. In fact the new engine overpowered the stock clutch. It simply is not up to the task. After several full throttle data logging rides and a test ride by the owner (me) and my son-in-law the stock clutch is now toast! We will be installing a beefier Rekluse clutch before I put it on the street.

After a few hundred break in miles we will take the bike to the dyno and get some final numbers.
974B43B0-E443-4719-B09B-6AA12D440A68.jpeg9E023950-1D29-40C9-AEEC-8DCA5A17D10F.jpeg3229FCA1-8E7B-43D2-A3AF-5521D3E96844.jpeg

Last edited:

kiwi dave

I might be wrong, but I thought that the PV3 is locked into the first ECU that it is connected to, and cannot be used on another. I believe you can get another license, but it is almost the same price as purchasing another PV3.

Charliemurphay

My understanding was it could read data and codes of any bike, but to download the flash data and/or upload a tune is where it is locked to one bike.

Walrus

Picked up my 2022 Basic this PM with full Toce Exhaust, Lloyds flash. No PV3. No dyno (broke). My seat of pants: crisp response, pulls hard. Lots of snap, crackle and pop, Loud! But not annoying loud. Sounds like a real motorcycle now, not a blender.
Only rode about 37 miles. Pulls hard in 6th gear at 80 mph.
Beyond that can't say much. Only had 70 miles on the stock set up.