PowerVision3 vs lloydz tune? or both?

bgup619

your
I'm a complete noob to the tuning world on motorcycles so bear with me, I'm looking at getting a full exhaust system on my 22 most likely the toce considering it's my only option at this point. I've been told a few different opinions on what I should do for a tune, on one side I have people telling me to send my ECU to Lloydz and on the other end i have people telling me a power vision will do the same as lloydz tune (personly i think that's crap but who knows). and I'm thinking I should get lloydz and a power vision so I can play with Lloyds tune a bit cause I'm in a weird area that only sells non-ethonal 92. like I said before I'm a NOOB.
*EDIT* Lloydz sells a pv/tune kit has anyone else used this on a 22 or is it not an option?
Youre a NOOB and you wanna "play with his tune" yeah sounds like a great idea. Id suggest a phone call to the tuner you wanna use and you'll learn a lot..

FelipeGtzB

The pv3 works with the 2022 I can confirm. However no tunes are available on the website so you have to contact them to get one. It’s not perfect but I’m tech savvy enough to use the data log and input a few changes to make it better. I plan on having a local shop actually dyno tune mine. But for now this works for me. I’ve heard nothing but good about the Lloyd’s tune though. And also I put the akro headers on mine that’s re for the 2019. Just had to modify the lower mount to fit. ( it’s straight on the 2022 and needs to be at a 90. ) imo the Lloyd’s tune is Better at this point because dyno jet doesn’t have any tunes out. But if you are like me and want to tinker / get a tune done on a dyno nothing wrong with the pv3
Hey, fellow noob here (at least newbie on Indians)..

So, did you get some kind of tune back from Dynojet? did it make any difference? I'm perfectly happy with my bike, but the torque "hole" between 4k~6k rpm is driving me crazy.. I'll like to fix that as much as possible.

mark.lb

You can also have your dealership/Lloydz do a custom tune if you feel you have a particular problem or you are not completely satisfied with the available canned tunes.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Only a few dealers can remote flash the ftr and challanger. It’s not like the scout or air cooled Indians. They need a different tool.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Correct. Unless you live near one of his remote tuning centers that does the ftr.

it removed the dip in my mainly stock 22

FelipeGtzB

I don't mind that much the sputter.. I'm coming from Ducatis and I'm very used to "twitchy" throttles.
But the torque hole is getting to my nerves, sometimes I want to send it and it feels like I'm dropping an anchor halfway.
Of course, I can short-shift and be done with it.. but then, what's the purpose of having that big engine?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yeah it’s something they did with the 22s to tame them down since people were complaining about the 19s tuning.

Madmo

Yeah it’s something they did with the 22s to tame them down since people were complaining about the 19s tuning.
Wait so even with the secret sauce tune and low exhaust on a 22 no chance of making 101 torque?

i have a 22 carbon going in for a 500 mile service tomorrow

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I was talking stock for stock. If you install the toce lowmount on the 22 and tune it. It makes he same power as a 2019 and same curve. There are 22 dyno sheets posted here

mark.lb

With 8,700 miles on the odometer, I am finally scheduled for a Lloydz tune next Friday morning at Pitt Cycles. They now have the software to do it remotely. No need for a PV3.

mark.lb

Madmo: The FTR-RR. I have been reluctant to tune this bike since I bought it new in 2019. I have not had any of the fueling problems (cold stalls, surging etc.) that are typical of some of the earliest FTRs. It ran acceptability well. I made the decisions not to modify the bike much. I added rim stripes and replaced all the fasteners with stainless steel. The only engine mod was to drill out the dB killers. Mike at Pitt Cycles convinced me to do a Lloydz tune during the Scout build. He assured me he could squeeze more power out of the FTR with the tune. We will see next Friday.

By the way the Scout 1300 is done and home. I put 100 miles on yesterday. It is very very strong. After 500 miles or so we will put it on the dynamometer and measure Hp/torque.

Attachments

• 97E16DA5-CA6D-4F00-AF3A-088C2E3CEF60.jpeg
    97E16DA5-CA6D-4F00-AF3A-088C2E3CEF60.jpeg
    590.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 14850AB9-C3A2-465E-98E7-02927D7BE479.jpeg
    14850AB9-C3A2-465E-98E7-02927D7BE479.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 2108048D-1163-448E-9D39-BC80C8D3CCD0.jpeg
    2108048D-1163-448E-9D39-BC80C8D3CCD0.jpeg
    355.4 KB · Views: 11
  • C74DC787-F143-4CC8-895A-197DBC91AFA1.jpeg
    C74DC787-F143-4CC8-895A-197DBC91AFA1.jpeg
    404 KB · Views: 12

mark.lb

Well I am now officially running the Secret Sauce V6 Lloydz tune on my 2019 FTR-RR. Pitt Cycles recently purchased the equipment and software to do it remotely. Mike pulled the ECU and downloaded the V6 flash right on the bench in the shop. Yesterday he did a Challenger. It got the CRT-V1 Challenger flash. Next Friday it is my Chief Bobber DH turn. It will get the CRT-V1 22’ Chief flash.

My impressions of the FTR V6 tune:
This tune definitely unlocked the full potential of the FTR. The throttle response is absolutely linear. There is no abrupt power delivery, no dip in torque in the mid range. Just smooth progressive power/torque delivery as the throttle is rolled open. I am very satisfied. It is expensive but worth it. (Pitt Cycles charged $599 plus labor.) Ryan told Mike, “The stock hp is 108 on those bikes. The V6 tune takes it to119 hp.”

Charliemurphay

So, my local dealer is listed as being a remote tuning center for the FTR per Lloydz website, yet a friend called them and they said they load it via a PV3. My understanding was the remote tuning centers were supposed/able to do the bench flash, or am I mistaken…

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yeah with the stock exhaust it takes it to around 117-119hp and 85ish tq with the flash.

maybe they just didn’t get the hardware for the ecu flashes yet. But it doesn’t use a pv3