R&G Frame Slider Installation

DJ121

Friends, I just posed this question to Ferraiolo but thought I'd open it up to the group: The instructions for R&G Frame Slider Installation say "it is recommended to support the engine weight" prior to installing the Sliders. Question is, has anyone done this install without jacking up the engine or no?

DJ121

Ok Team FTR, I checked the R&G instructions and it does have a torque value, it says for the M12 bolt (which is all you can actually torque during this procedure) says that general torque standards for this size bolt is 40 Nm or 29.502 ft-lbs.

DJ121

@Max Kool Not sure of the nomenclature according to Indian for that Frame bolt that the slider will take the place of so that I know Indian's recommended torque?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-25 at 7.46.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-25 at 7.46.43 PM.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot 2022-11-25 at 7.45.55 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-25 at 7.45.55 PM.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 23

DJ121

Ok FTR Friends, with the help of @Max Kool I got the 2019 specs for installing the Frame Sliders and achieving the proper retorque value, here are the screen shots that depict the actual part and then the associated torque value. So if my understanding is correct it's called the: Headmount Bracket Fastener, depicted as Item #1 LH side and item #2 RH Side. The torque value (with the slightly different naming convention) appears to be 26 ft-lbs, the included materials from R&G Racing Frame Sliders show a torque value of 40 Nm approx 29 ft-lbs, only 3 higher than Indian. This is far lower than 74 ft-lbs as stated on the thread which could damage something? not sure. Thank you @Max Kool and everyone who answered, I think we have a definitive answer :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 2.33.01 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 2.33.01 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 2.33.24 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 2.33.24 PM.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 45

DJ121

Ok FTR Friends, with the help of @Max Kool I got the 2019 specs for installing the Frame Sliders and achieving the proper retorque value, here are the screen shots that depict the actual part and then the associated torque value. So if my understanding is correct it's called the: Headmount Bracket Fastener, depicted as Item #1 LH side and item #2 RH Side. The torque value (with the slightly different naming convention) appears to be 26 ft-lbs, the included materials from R&G Racing Frame Sliders show a torque value of 40 Nm approx 29 ft-lbs, only 3 higher than Indian. This is far lower than 74 ft-lbs as stated on the thread which could damage something? not sure. Thank you @Max Kool and everyone who answered, I think we have a definitive answer :)
Now I'm starting to second guess myself because the torque felt like more than 26 coming off? I had to put the bolt back though because I didn't have a 19mm deep well to clear the slider sleeve, so all that for nothing :) :)

DJ121

Since I'm second guessing myself, I'm going to break torque and re-torque to the lower value, the reason I'm confused is the nomenclature. If anyone has any comments after seeing the screenshots? please weigh-in. Ty.