RadGuard oil cooler guards

Breto

oh you mean they don’t run an oil cooler at all?…maybe because it would get full of crud on the track??

Breto

Far out…I’d a thought that given them the berries flat stick would have had the opposite effect. Interesting.

edgelett

yeah I don't agree with the comments made to me - more mansplaining lol.
but I wanted to share as I found them funny.

American

RSD also removed the oil cooler. “It kind of seems maybe like something backward for racing, but the oil cooler is really made for getting a long life out of your motor,” Cameron says. But for the average consumer who’s looking for a flawless 50,000-plus, you’ll probably want to leave that part alone. For doing short stints, he says, it’s just fine. “Our races are between two and four minutes. We come out, there’s plenty of cooling in the radiator to keep the motor oil cool enough, but if you’re on a long ride across the desert and it’s 125 degrees and you’re out there for eight hours, yeah, you probably want to keep the oil cooler on,” Cameron says, laughing.

From the RSD guys who built the flat track version of the ftr1200.

The oil cooler is good for longevity in hot climates for sure. Kind of similar to cars in that respect? Not all cars have them but I’ve never heard of over cooling of oil with air.

Max Kool

I have. Ride a DR650 in winter and you want to cover the oil cooler, else it just won’t get warm enough to evap the condensated water off.

kiwi dave

I've got a Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1200, that has a reputation for running too cold. I fitted an oil temperature gauge as part of the dipstick, and sure enough it wasn't getting very hot.

So I use plastic shields cut from ice cream containers to shield the cooler, especially on cold days. High tech at its best!

For those unfamiliar with the GRiSO, like all Moto Guzzis, there is no water cooling relying on the oil cooler to prevent the motor getting too hot.

kiwi dave

Mine arrived this morning, and it didn't take me long to remove the original cooler guard and fit the new Radguard one.

Such was the enthusiasm, I wasn't watching what I was doing, and removed the upper one first. Duh!

It looks real smart. And came with an Ozzie can coolie, necessary in Oz because they drink their beer so cold. I'll just put it with my collection of other coolies.

Breto

Mine arrived this morning, and it didn't take me long to remove the original cooler guard and fit the new Radguard one.

Such was the enthusiasm, I wasn't watching what I was doing, and removed the upper one first. Duh!

It looks real smart. And came with an Ozzie can coolie, necessary in Oz because they drink their beer so cold. I'll just put it with my collection of other coolies.
Stubby holder mate…it not only keeps your beer cold but your hands from freezing…yep we love cold beer…as I’ve said before there is only one thing worse than hot beer…two hot beers 🍺