Recall

Did you get a letter Col or just call your dealer?…🤔
I got a letter mate, about 6 weeks ago. i rang the dealer when I got the letter and they said they didn’t have the parts yet and to call back in a few weeks. Rang them again this week and they booked me right in .

Fuse5

Talked to the dealer today (one upgrade left for now) .. approx. 4h to work on. Hopefully i got that in 5 ;)

JDP

I think I’m going to buy a hose kit from Samco sport they have all 7 hoses that includes the t fitting in the recall, looks good silicone and most colors

Breto

I think I’m going to buy a hose kit from Samco sport they have all 7 hoses that includes the t fitting in the recall, looks good silicone and most colors
Yep and you won’t regret it man…awesome kit…👍😎

C-KicksXL

Took mine to the Florence, Ky took them about 3 hours and they did not scratch the frame. I called and spoke to the service manager about it and he assured me they would not scratch my frame. He said they had to give an estimate for someone who had theirs done at another dealer to replace the frame.

Make sure to inspect your bike after repairs are done. I failed to do so and a couple months later while giving it a thorough cleaning noticed several scratches on the frame. Not sure what else they could be from. Long white line is shop light reflection.

Attachments

• 20230616_115422.jpg
    20230616_115422.jpg
    1,011.6 KB · Views: 17

MacBayne

Took mine to the Florence, Ky took them about 3 hours and they did not scratch the frame. I called and spoke to the service manager about it and he assured me they would not scratch my frame. He said they had to give an estimate for someone who had theirs done at another dealer to replace the frame.

You asked for assurance that they would not scratch your frame? Why? What prompted this conversation?

How fucking bad can a scratch from maintenance be where they have to replace the frame?!

Sounds like someone was feeding you some moist BS...
Make sure to inspect your bike after repairs are done. I failed to do so and a couple months later while giving it a thorough cleaning noticed several scratches on the frame. Not sure what else they could be from. Long white line is shop light reflection.

That's superficial scratching from rocks being kicked up under the "tank" piece, and getting a rag up there when washing. A good wax will take that out. It's a black frame.

Yes,but they forgot to put coolant in

Now THIS is negligence... replacing a hose requires fluid replacement, and bringing the machine to operating temperature is part of coolant replacement.

C-KicksXL

You asked for assurance that they would not scratch your frame? Why? What prompted this conversation?

How fucking bad can a scratch from maintenance be where they have to replace the frame?!

Sounds like someone was feeding you some moist BS...

That's superficial scratching from rocks being kicked up under the "tank" piece, and getting a rag up there when washing. A good wax will take that out. It's a black frame.

Now THIS is negligence... replacing a hose requires fluid replacement, and bringing the machine to operating temperature is part of coolant replacement.

it is pretty simple. I can look at pictures of bikes with scratched frames. so i called the dealer to see if they had the part, they said not in stock but asked why i wanted to do it my self. I explained that i see a lot of people where the dealer is going in through the side and scratching the frame. He explained they go in through the top and still mask the frame off. When i brought the bike the in i brought up my concerns about the issues i have been seeing.

So if a dealer scratched my frame and i was going to take them to small claims court. I would call and get a quote on replacing the part of the frame that was scratched from a different dealer. My frame is red, is the dealer suppose to take it off and find an exact powder coat match? not likely they would replace what was scratched with an oem part. Seems pretty simple to me.

Last edited:
I disagree. Not superficial scratching. You can feel these with your fingernail. This was after waxing. I will try black wax. Nowhere on my bike has scratches like this the radiator still looks like new the bike has less than three thousand miles on it. My fault for not checking right after service. It was supposed to take an hour took almost 4 hours I was just ready to get out of there.