Ride command issue.

mtntamer

I hadn't had much time to play with the Ride Command until tonight and noticed Im not getting any text through it? I have an Iphone 11 and the Ride command has the latest update, but it shows no texts and nothing in my contacts. I can change music to my Cardo. I can dial out, but when my wife texts me.... nothing?

Charliemurphay

Did you check the setting on your phone? If you go to the device list on your phone and check the info on the Indian device, there is a slider for “show notifications” that needs to be activated. That’s also where you find the options to sync your contacts to the bike too.

mtntamer

Did you check the setting on your phone? If you go to the device list on your phone and check the info on the Indian device, there is a slider for “show notifications” that needs to be activated. That’s also where you find the options to sync your contacts to the bike too.
Yep that was the problem! Thanks so much. I am technically inept. lol

DeplorableOne

I had to dc my phone completely it's annoying since it completely takes over for my headset and I no longer get audio if it's connected. So it doesn't let my headset connect to my phone and the ride command. If I connect the phone to the ride command and try to use the touch screen it cuts off the music and my headset until I go into phone settings and pick the headset again

Charliemurphay

I had to dc my phone completely it's annoying since it completely takes over for my headset and I no longer get audio if it's connected. So it doesn't let my headset connect to my phone and the ride command. If I connect the phone to the ride command and try to use the touch screen it cuts off the music and my headset until I go into phone settings and pick the headset again
The headset gets paired to the ride command only, not the ride command and the phone, if you want to include the ride command in the setup. When starting up allow your phone to connect to the ride command first. Then once the bike is warmed up and you’re ready to ride, turn on your headset and pair it to the ride command only. This method works for me 99% of the time. Very occasionally my Sena glitches out, or my phone doesn’t sync right but resetting them one at a time fixes it.

DeplorableOne

Yeah mine doesn't work that way. My headphones only work through an app so if they aren't connected to the app they won't work. My phone will support multiple devices through BT though. It's just not a good design for what it is. It should just be a phone book and control. But since they use it on bikes with audio systems and didn't change it for this bike it is what it is. Just a little annoyance. This is off of the Indian troubleshooting page: Only a SENA®10R headset will connect to Ride Command

mtntamer

The headset gets paired to the ride command only, not the ride command and the phone, if you want to include the ride command in the setup. When starting up allow your phone to connect to the ride command first. Then once the bike is warmed up and you’re ready to ride, turn on your headset and pair it to the ride command only. This method works for me 99% of the time. Very occasionally my Sena glitches out, or my phone doesn’t sync right but resetting them one at a time fixes it.
I have two bikes so I have I have to have Connection to my Cardo from my phone. What works for me is I only paired the Phone to the Cardo and the FTR. Turn on the FTR first then the Cardo. Cardo should not pair to FTR.

lobo

I have two bikes so I have I have to have Connection to my Cardo from my phone. What works for me is I only paired the Phone to the Cardo and the FTR. Turn on the FTR first then the Cardo. Cardo should not pair to FTR.
I tried this, but as soon as the Cardo connects, I can't use Ride Command to control the music. Is there something special I should try to make it work?

J0988

I tried this, but as soon as the Cardo connects, I can't use Ride Command to control the music. Is there something special I should try to make it work?
The Cardo(if it’s the Packtalk bold or slim) has 2 Bluetooth channels. You need your phone and Packtalk paired to each other, and both paired to the bike, separately.

First, pair your phone to your ride command. Then pair the phone and the Cardo. After your phone is paired to both, pair your Cardo to your ride command using the Cardo’s second Bluetooth channel. If you have a Packtalk bold, you hold down the phone button on the unit. When it starts flashing red and blue, press the phone button twice and it’ll start flashing red and green. Red and blue is channel 1. Red and green is channel 2.

You’ll know the bike is paired to channel 2 if both your phone and comm unit show “Connected” on your ride command Bluetooth screen. Once set up, both the ride command touch screen AND the voice controls of the comm unit can be used for music, calls, etc.

lobo

The Cardo(if it’s the Packtalk bold or slim) has 2 Bluetooth channels. You need your phone and Packtalk paired to each other, and both paired to the bike, separately.

First, pair your phone to your ride command. Then pair the phone and the Cardo. After your phone is paired to both, pair your Cardo to your ride command using the Cardo’s second Bluetooth channel. If you have a Packtalk bold, you hold down the phone button on the unit. When it starts flashing red and blue, press the phone button twice and it’ll start flashing red and green. Red and blue is channel 1. Red and green is channel 2.

You’ll know the bike is paired to channel 2 if both your phone and comm unit show “Connected” on your ride command Bluetooth screen. Once set up, both the ride command touch screen AND the voice controls of the comm unit can be used for music, calls, etc.
Will try this. Thanks!

Richqb

I will say that SMS notifications are handled pretty terribly on RideCommand. "I'd love an abbreviated text message to pop up over all my instrumentation" said no one ever.

lobo

Tried this today and it works perfectly! Thank you very much for the help!

J0988

Tried this today and it works perfectly! Thank you very much for the help!
No problem! I actually just figured this out a couple weeks ago and was excited to share. Makes me appreciate both the Packtalk and ride command a lot more now that things are correctly set up.

1Basejump

Have tried this too, it works, however, I have to have music off to listen to music so can't skip tracks.
Packtalk slim

motocroft

I had similar issues - have a look at this article I put together on how to ensure you can control via ride command and send audio to where you choose.
FTR Ride Command — Bluetooth audio output | by motocroft | Medium