Ride command music/phone control

Pmcb41

I am Trying to get Ride Command to control my music from my I-phone to my BT headphones. 2019 1200s, IPhone 11pro max, have tried with both Ruckus ear buds and Cardio JKAQ’s. I have tried linking both to the Ride Command, and just the phone with the buds linked to the phone. How do I set it up so that I can control the music without having to have the phone out?

J0988

You can just connect your phone to Ride command, then make sure the audio output on the phone is going through your ear buds, not your bike
12C458D9-8360-41C8-BA83-4A42518A8B53.jpeg
if the check mark is next to ‘Indian FTR’ no sound will come through. The only thing you can really do is skip songs. If you pause, then try to play, the audio will go back to the bike and no sound. Kinda annoying but this is the only way I’ve found to listen to music. I’ve also connected my earbuds to Ride Command, but the volume is extremely low.

If anyone found a better way, I’d also be interested to hear it.

DeplorableOne

Yeah it's a terrible interface. To the point I just DC'd it from the ride command completely. I usually only used earbuds so I could hear the commands from my GPS prior to installing the Rokform mount. Don't need it really and I'd rather hear traffic than not. Even when I set it up to send audio through the headset, every single time I tried to change songs on the ride command it would revert back and I'd lose audio

Charliemurphay

My process is to connect the phone to the bike when first starting up and allow it to sync. Then when ready to ride off turn on my headset and connect it to the bike. Works pretty fine for me.

Charliemurphay

Not connected each other. Both connected to the FTR only.

There will be a little phone icon when your phone is connected, then when you connect earbuds or a headset (I use a Sena 20s but have used Bluetooth earbuds too) a little headset icon appears with the phone. Go into your iPhone settings after it is connected to the FTR and there are options to check under the Bluetooth settings like allowing notifications to appear and sync your contacts.

Like I said I’ve had no problems doing it specifically in that order (phone->bike, then headset->bike). Once that’s all connected you can change songs from the main Speedo page by toggling the four way toggle left or right, but you have to go to the music page to pause it.

Anything that plays over your phone (directions/navigation, music, notification sounds) will play through your headset like normal too. Text messages will appear on screen when they come in and you can just toggle the back key to get rid of them.

Last edited:

J0988

Not connected each other. Both connected to the FTR only.

There will be a little phone icon when your phone is connected, then when you connect earbuds or a headset (I use a Sena 20s but have used Bluetooth earbuds too) a little headset icon appears with the phone. Go into your iPhone settings after it is connected to the FTR and there are options to check under the Bluetooth settings like allowing notifications to appear and sync your contacts.

Like I said I’ve had no problems doing it specifically in that order (phone->bike, then headset->bike). Once that’s all connected you can change songs from the main Speedo page by toggling the four way toggle left or right, but you have to go to the music page to pause it.

Anything that plays over your phone (directions/navigation, music, notification sounds) will play through your headset like normal too. Text messages will appear on screen when they come in and you can just toggle the back key to get rid of them.
This actually worked great! Only issue is my Packtalk can’t be connected to both my bike and my phone at the same time so I can’t use any of the phone voice commands. Oh well though. It’s nice to be able to pause my music now without having to take out my phone to play it again.

Charliemurphay

Have an iPhone? The voice command still works if you push and hold the side button to activate siri, depending on how well she can hear you lol.

Breto

I gave up. I just have my phone paired to my sena and that’s it…I don’t bother with it anymore. Was a pain.