Rizoma indicators

edgelett

Rizoma stuff is extremely high quality gear - much better than the Indian stuff. As their gear is generic, it wouldn't matter if I was putting these on an Indian or a Honda the cost would be the same.

but - they're the only rear indicators I could find that fit on my tail tidy and would allow a rear rack.
If you check the 'other' forum i believe there is another company making something similar now, not sure of their prices though.

Charliemurphay

If you’re talking about combustion industries (the one I linked above) they are $355 for a set of 4 seem to be high quality too. I’m considering them as I’m always hitting my leg on the rear one on my tail tidy when I get on or off. But I haven’t seen anyone apart from the beta tester mount them. They are really small but seem plenty bright in the pictures and videos.

edgelett

If you’re talking about combustion industries (the one I linked above) they are $355 for a set of 4 seem to be high quality too.
I'm guessing that's the US $ price.
so once you add shipping, currency conversion, and usual mark up for other countries etc, probably at least $500 AU.

D

Deleted member 706

I bought some Kiwav mirrors for the Trident and $USD 99.00 hits my card at $AUD 140.00 😳

D

Deleted member 706

*Asking for a friend*🙄🤔🤑
Would Rizoma on the back and OEM on the front look out of balance?

D

Deleted member 706

Looks good Dave.
One concern about the Rizoma indicators is that they are close fitting and one side might not be especially visible from a 3/4 offset view. To be clear a bike ahead and to one side indicates they're turning towards the opposite side, how visible is that?

kiwi dave

Looks good Dave.
One concern about the Rizoma indicators is that they are close fitting and one side might not be especially visible from a 3/4 offset view. To be clear a bike ahead and to one side indicates they're turning towards the opposite side, how visible is that?
I'm a little confused about what you are asking. I did not install Rizoma indicators, just moved the stock ones up high.

I hated where the original rear stock indicators were mounted, they would attack my shins when I wandered around my bikes. This was the reason why I got the tail tidy, so I could delete the bracket mounted on to the LHS of the swinging arm.

It was not a wise move. Instead I found on wet roads the water off the rear tire saturated me with water and mud, even reaching the back of my helmet! This was exacerbated by fitting Battlax Sport Touring tires front and rear, which are good at pumping the water off the road.

So the bracket was reinstated, but the only thing now fitted is a rear reflector. I had a special rear plate made up that read "FTR1200" with the smaller "Indian" included. Imagine my disappointment, when the plate showed up reading "FDR1200". The manufacturers apologized and agreed to correct their error, but I'm yet to see it, and they won't answer my calls.

edgelett

I'm a little confused about what you are asking. I did not install Rizoma indicators, just moved the stock ones up high.
I think he was referring to if he gets them for himself, not suggesting you had them.

The Aeromach may have worked with what I wanted to do too, but I'm happy with Craig's tail tidy and how it works with the RIzomas and the rear luggage rack.

I still kept hitting my hip on the rear left indicator until I swapped them.

Tony and I went for a ride the other day, he said he could see the rear indicators fine even though they're small and only JUST clear my rear licence plate.
@fuknKIWI - you might want to measure the length of your rear plate and see if it's longer or shorter than mine before deciding which indicators to get.
I spent a lot of time measuring the licence plate, stock indicators and looking at Rizoma diagrams before making a decision.

D

Deleted member 706

@kiwi dave
I was directing my question at Tash regarding her Rizoma's.
I tried not to be confusing 😳
I have no intention of riding the FTR in the wet, I've done a few thousand wet K's on the 90's commuter bike.IMG_20220112_082438.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 706

@edgelett
This is starting to look like a job for Ron, priorities and all...
My plate is 250 mm and just starting to obscure the OEM indicators. IMG_20220112_081655.jpg

D

Deleted member 706

@edgelett
Would it be too much to ask for you to put up a short video clip of the indicators in action? What I'm looking for is a pan from side to side and from behind the bike to approximate the view a following rider would get. Specifically what a rider to the right would see of the left hand indicator.
If you get my drift...
I'd be grateful 😁

Staedtler

I hated where the original rear stock indicators were mounted, they would attack my shins when I wandered around my bikes. This was the reason why I got the tail tidy, so I could delete the bracket mounted on to the LHS of the swinging arm.

It was not a wise move. Instead I found on wet roads the water off the rear tire saturated me with water and mud, even reaching the back of my helmet! This was exacerbated by fitting Battlax Sport Touring tires front and rear, which are good at pumping the water off the road.

So the bracket was reinstated, but the only thing now fitted is a rear reflector. I had a special rear plate made up that read "FTR1200" with the smaller "Indian" included. Imagine my disappointment, when the plate showed up reading "FDR1200". The manufacturers apologized and agreed to correct their error, but I'm yet to see it, and they won't answer my calls.
This is what I did in the end, fitted the grab rails from the Indian Tail tidy kit (bought separately) to relocate the indicators up top.

edgelett

@edgelett
Would it be too much to ask for you to put up a short video clip of the indicators in action? What I'm looking for is a pan from side to side and from behind the bike to approximate the view a following rider would get. Specifically what a rider to the right would see of the left hand indicator.
If you get my drift...
I'd be grateful 😁
something other than the video I already put up?
you want one of me riding it?

D

Deleted member 706

@edgelett
I was just thinking of a walk past from 5 or 10 metres behind the bike, to see how visible they are from the 3/4 angle.
When you measure the plate, could you measure the distance between the indicators from inside edge to inside edge, I think ADR have specs for that. Is fitting spacers an option?

edgelett

@edgelett
I was just thinking of a walk past from 5 or 10 metres behind the bike, to see how visible they are from the 3/4 angle.
When you measure the plate, could you measure the distance between the indicators from inside edge to inside edge, I think ADR have specs for that. Is fitting spacers an option?
No worries, can do that when I get my bike home.
Yes fitting spacers is definitely an option, I considered it for mine but thought unnecessary.
Yes there are ADR specs for indicator distance from inside edge.
Also - when I get this info for you, don't discount the other indicators Rizoma make for the FTR.
I also looked at the Action, Corsa and Vision options