Rizoma indicators

edgelett

@edgelett
This is starting to look like a job for Ron, priorities and all...
My plate is 250 mm and just starting to obscure the OEM indicators.
ok so my plate is a LOT smaller - 21cm. you would either need a) spacers or b) indicators with longer stems - Rizoma make a few.
the ones I have, you wouldn't see
I remember I could see a LOT of the rear indicator previously
1642112584420.png

D

Deleted member 706

@edgelett
OK thanks for that, I need to rethink the whole issue. Meanwhile I have just bought a 43 tooth sprocket from a bloke who is in Adelaide, as the bike is a keeper I plan to put on a new chain and a Scottoiler. I could also consider a personalised plate, even if I see them as voluntary taxation πŸ€”

edgelett

@edgelett
OK thanks for that, I need to rethink the whole issue. Meanwhile I have just bought a 43 tooth sprocket from a bloke who is in Adelaide, as the bike is a keeper I plan to put on a new chain and a Scottoiler. I could also consider a personalised plate, even if I see them as voluntary taxation πŸ€”
all good mate happy to help.
honestly though look at the other indicators Rizoma offer for the FTR - some have much longer stems but are still small and stylish indicators and smaller than the OEM ones.

ah that would be from Loose Bruce! He's a great bloke.
Keen to hear your thoughts on that once it's on the bike as I might make the plunge too

edgelett

so yesterday i rode behind Tony while he rode the FTR and I rode the Hornet for a bit, cause I wanted to see how visible these bad boys are.
can say that even at a distance of at least 100m, i could see the Rizomas bright as day. they're amazing

edgelett

@edgelett
so I realise I've given you a bum steer mate.
I remembered while we were out yesterday that Rizoma make little brackets to EXTEND the indicators beyond your licence plate so they are visible.
In fact - I even have a set. I got them in case I needed them but decided I didn't.

So if you DO decide to go this route, this bracket will probably be what you need.
And as mine is in the shed, I can probably help you out a bit.

D

Deleted member 706

@edgelett
I have just ordered the handle bars so I am not thinking about blinkers right now. I will get in touch with you if they come back into my thoughts.
I have just got a new job so that's good news for me as I'm finding multiple bikes are a bit of a challenge financially. Actually it's a new career I've retrained at TAFE.

Staedtler

I have converted one of my other bikes to full led for the indicators/turn signals and I fitted an LED specific relay to controlt he flash rate. Would this be a possibility for FTR I wonder?

khjm78

I ordered mine through my dealer.
Thanks edgelett. Another question, My FTR tail tidy has two holes on each side (Left and Right), one for the screw and the other for the light cable. Looking at the Rizoma tail indicators, I don't see any holes for the screw to secure the indicator. Which mount kit do you reckon i need? Thanks.

Last edited:

edgelett

Thanks edgelett. Another question, My FTR tail tidy has two holes on each side (Left and Right), one for the screw and the other for the light cable. Looking at the Rizoma tail indicators, I don't see any holes for the screw to secure the indicator. Which mount kit do you reckon i need? Thanks.
hmm not sure. can you post a pic of your tail tidy? mine had holes for the stock indicators so I used those. do you not have the stock indicators in your tail tidy?

khjm78

Yup. Mine has the holes for the stock indicators and i'm using them at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_1778.JPG
    IMG_1778.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 7