Rizoma indicators

edgelett

In my quest for indicators I am happy with, that also work with the rear luggage rack, I'm looking at Rizomas.
I still have a fair bit of funds on my voucher so money isn't an issue.
I was originally going to fit Wunderkind ones but after purchasing them I found they dont' work with the luggage rack and while I won't use it often it's possible we will do some trips with the FTR down the track.
The Rizomas look like they use the orignial mounting location but are just smaller than the stock indicators.
I don't mind the stock ones they're just long and I find myself bumping them all the bloody time.

Anyone here install Rizomas? Do you like them and was it an easy job?

edgelett

haha those were the ones I was looking at.
I'll do some thinking over the next few days (heading away this weekend) but depending on what decide to do, we might be able to swap lol.

-Leppis

K9F have same setups what i have! Motogadget mirrors and indicators at the front and rizomas with tail tidy in the back. Just installed these and have to say Rizomas are high quality products, also the prices are bit high but still those are excellent choice. Motogadget bar end indicator installation was bit up in the ass work, but couple beers and it was allright.

Attachments

• DSC00238.jpg
    DSC00238.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 48

edgelett

K9F have same setups what i have! Motogadget mirrors and indicators at the front and rizomas with tail tidy in the back. Just installed these and have to say Rizomas are high quality products, also the prices are bit high but still those are excellent choice. Motogadget bar end indicator installation was bit up in the ass work, but couple beers and it was allright.
Can I ask you which model Rizomas you got?
Action, Corsa or Leggera?
Want to make sure they clear my rear licence plate

edgelett

Also,
I'm looking at various options on their website for the FTR and need to make sure anything I purchase will clear my rear number plate. Looking at the dimensions under the 'technical specs' are these listed in mm?

edgelett

also for those who have them installed - did you also need this?

Mounting kit for Rizoma rear turn signals​

Staedtler

Irving

In my quest for indicators I am happy with, that also work with the rear luggage rack, I'm looking at Rizomas.
I still have a fair bit of funds on my voucher so money isn't an issue.
I was originally going to fit Wunderkind ones but after purchasing them I found they dont' work with the luggage rack and while I won't use it often it's possible we will do some trips with the FTR down the track.
The Rizomas look like they use the orignial mounting location but are just smaller than the stock indicators.
I don't mind the stock ones they're just long and I find myself bumping them all the bloody time.

Anyone here install Rizomas? Do you like them and was it an easy job?
Hello, I've the Legra blinkers for both and back. I've three of quick questions: 1) Has anyone mounted the Rizoma Legras on the front? 2) Are you reusing the front blinker rubber mounts? 3) It's impossible at the moment to find electrical adaptors that Rizoma makes for the FTR. If the ones I ordered don't arrive soo, I'll have to solder them to the existing FTR cables. Has anyone else done this?

edgelett

well I got my dealer to order the Rizomas front and back for me.
Didn't bother with the rear brackets cause I'm pretty sure I can mount mine to my tail tidy, will order if I need to.
I DID order the front brackets though cause I'm not sure whether I can use the OEM ones.

Will let you know how we go when they arrive!

edgelett

Dealer says the Rizoma importer in Aus told them the indicators and all associated parts are 'on backorder' so I have no idea if I will get them lol!

edgelett

ok so I finally have (I think) my indicators and all the bits I need.
gee those Leggaras are tiny - I very much hope they are actually visible!
I have the additional wiring bits and the resistors etc - it actually looks really complicated.
Just checking I have this right before I install today - based on the manual on this page, I need to use 1 resistor for the FTR is that correct?
looks like I'll have additional wiring hanging everywhere...

kiwi dave

You may be aware of this already, but the turn signals are predetermined by the plug. When I was reinstalling the flashers up high under the seat of my FTR1200, I found that the right hand rear signal was being activated with the left hand front signal, and vice versa.

Took my slow brain a while to sort it out. It wasn't a simple matter of swapping them over, the left hand signal needs to be reinstalled on the left, and the same for the right hand one. I had to physical swap the two rear blinkers over, not just swap the wiring.

edgelett

You may be aware of this already, but the turn signals are predetermined by the plug.
Cheers mate yep knew about that from when I switched to the clear indicators.
it's the resistor bit I want to make sure I have right before I plug everything in - my reading of the manual is that the FTR requires one resistor and was hoping someone who has installed the Rizomas can confirm

kiwi dave

You may need a parallel resistor and a parallel one. Hopefully, the series resistor is already built into the new

kiwi dave

You may need a parallel resistor and a parallel one. Hopefully, the series resistor is already built into the new
Dunno what happened to the rest of my message. It was truncated some how.

I'm now under the influence of Woodford Reserve, the best bourbon ever IMHO.

I'll come back tomorrow with the rest of the response tomorrow when I can think straight!