Rizoma indicators

edgelett

it comes with resistors, and there's a wiring diagram in the PDF on rhe page I linked. I think I need to wire up one resistor based on the wiring diagram but was hoping someone else who had already installed these could confirm.

kiwi dave

What I was trying to add.

You may need a parallel resistor as the LED indicators might not be drawing enough current, and the FTR's management may think you have a blown bulb. I wouldn't simply add a parallel resistor equal to the original bulb's resistance, you should be able to get away with something of greater resistance (i.e. less current). You'll need to experiment if nobody responds from you post above.

edgelett

What I was trying to add.

You may need a parallel resistor as the LED indicators might not be drawing enough current, and the FTR's management may think you have a blown bulb. I wouldn't simply add a parallel resistor equal to the original bulb's resistance, you should be able to get away with something of greater resistance (i.e. less current). You'll need to experiment if nobody responds from you post above.
I'm not an electrician mate so I have no idea. hence why I am hoping that if I follow the wiring diagram that Rizoma supplied I'll be fine.
seems either no-one has installed any Rizomas, or no one is willing to help sadly.

kiwi dave

I agree that you should initially install them as per the Rizoma instructions.

It's only if the FTR's electronic management throws up an alarm that you have blown your bulb(s) will you need to get creative with adding the parallel resistors.

You're too far away for me to help, but I would hope that some of your riding buddies or the Indian agent in Adelaide could assist.

kiwi dave

I've just realized that you're replacing LED indicators with LED indicators. For some strange reason, I was thinking the originals were incandescent, and would require the parallel resistor. I had to do this on my Moto Griso 1200SE, and therefore got confucious it was the same for the FTR.

Forget anything I said!

M9Carbon22

For the rear I am looking at these

For the front

edgelett

you're the first person to ever say I sound like a Kiwi lol. Dad's been here 47 years, he only sounds like a Kiwi when he says 'women' and 'beer'.
I probably sound a lot like a South Aussie though - our accent is pretty different to the eastern states (i.e those are the guys that sound like Steve Irwin).

and yes I take it as a compliment - love my NZ family

kiwi dave

You know how to tell the difference between a Kiwi and an Ocker?

Get them to say "Fish & Chips".

The Aussie will say "Feesh & Cheeps"

The Kiwi (apparently} says "Fosh & Chops".

D

Deleted member 706

I took my rack off the bike and then I realised just how much the original indicators stick out. I've nicknamed the bike "Big Ears". I'm now thinking about the Rizoma set up. I noticed just how good they are after seeing @edgelett video. Previously I looked at the aftermarket indicators, looked at the price and decided the original ones didn't look too bad, until now.

After the PV3 and Bassani along with the lowering kit I'm now seeing the FTR in a different light. An unexpected bonus is that the handling seems to be improved. I can now just walk up to the bike and throw a leg over, previously I had to stands on the right spot.

Attachments

• IMG_20220110_202505.jpg
    IMG_20220110_202505.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:

Rwjtz8

I use the Joker Machine. I mounted the front ones on the shock and the rear ones on the mounting bracket. They look great and are extremely bright.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220110-125649_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220110-125649_Gallery.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20220110-125717_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220110-125717_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:

edgelett

I took my rack off the bike and then I realised just how much the original indicators stick out. I've nicknamed the bike "Big Ears". I'm now thinking about the Rizoma set up. I noticed just how good they are after seeing @edgelett video. Previously I looked at the aftermarket indicators, looked at the price and decided the original ones didn't look too bad, until now.
yeah once the bike is neatened up a bit they REALLY stand out.
If the ones I have are too small for your liking they have 3 different options that fit the FTR.

edgelett

@edgelett
That's good news.
How much did the whole kit n caboodle end up costing you?
well - technically nothing because I had a voucher.
but I seem to recall the front and rear indicators, mounting kit for front and rear (handy tip, with Craig's tail tidy you don't need the rear mounting kit) and wiring harness, it was about $630 I think
the indicators are sold seperately so you need 4 of those, 1 front mounting kit and two wiring harness kits to cover front and rear (each harness kit has a left and right kit set)

D

Deleted member 706

@edgelett
Ah OK Big Ears is suddenly looking better again 🤣😂
Maybe I'm a bit of a dinosaur, but I'm quite gobsmacked with the modern pricing. Especially the Indian stuff, a few hundy for Roland Sands swing arm spools vs $17.95 for Oxford spools. 😳