S&S muffler install

mikefleming

Hey everyone, I’m putting on a slip on S&S and having trouble getting the exhaust hanger bolt to line up. Anyone else have this problem?

Attachments

• 7B69E274-ED31-476E-89FE-51A872B50E14.jpeg
    7B69E274-ED31-476E-89FE-51A872B50E14.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34

mikefleming

quick edit- directions say to attach bracket first.... but you need to fit it first to semi tighten it to know where it should line up!

Charliemurphay

I had to wiggle mine around a bit (kept the clamp on the CAT loose) until it lined up. Then once everything lined up I snugged everything and torqued to spec.

mikefleming

Ended up getting it all right! Hell of a time getting the tip off to take out the dB reducer. Thank god for a strap wrench!

Charliemurphay

Ended up getting it all right! Hell of a time getting the tip off to take out the dB reducer. Thank god for a strap wrench!
Yea I used a towel and a dead blow (light but firm taps got it). Think I’m gonna leave it in though. Without the cat, it is LOUD and angry.

Jrgissom

Anybody experience black smoke directly after install of this pipe? I just installed tge s and s slip on and it pushed out some black smoke when I got on the gas? Is it just blowing out previous residue?

FTR London

Anybody experience black smoke directly after install of this pipe? I just installed tge s and s slip on and it pushed out some black smoke when I got on the gas? Is it just blowing out previous residue?
My bike does it simply because of unburnt fuel, particularly under hard acceleration.