Secret Sauce V6 hello!

Max Kool

Little update from last week about V6. I rode it around town for a few hours, and as I wrote, it is really well behaved.

Went for the first canyon ride this weekend and now I'm a firm believer. First of all, I found the throttle response slightly tamer than before, only to find out I had been riding in Standard mode since I reinstalled the ECU (It's always in Sport mode). Duh. Flicked it to Sport mode, so much better. I still felt the odd TC nanny kicking in every now and then, but way less than before, I'd say it's 80% reduced. Don't get me wrong, you really have to do "irresponsible" stuff to feel it now. Whack the throttle wide open right past the apex point, shift down a gear too many leaning into a turn, stuff like that. Typical traction control/vehicle stability intervention.

Up to 6500-7000 rpm the engine itself felt identical to V5, above that point my FTR always felt a bit "woollish", like it was running a bit too rich. Not anymore. I'm not a wheelie king, by far, but now it just lifts the front -hovering- in third beyond that point. Sometimes even lower in the revs. Not saying it has more power, but the throttle response, or "accelerator pump effect" is just better.

Oh, and Track mode is king. Really wish we could flick that on permanently...

Max Kool

I wish I had that kind of money that bike is so bad-ass
Offtopic, even if you had, would you really spend 100k on a motorcycle? The frugal me refuses that... I need to have my retirement all laid out, home paid off, all planned home improvements done, before I would do that.

I love these Arch motorcycles, but would they really offer more fun that my current stable?

nailbeater

Little update from last week about V6. I rode it around town for a few hours, and as I wrote, it is really well behaved.

Went for the first canyon ride this weekend and now I'm a firm believer. First of all, I found the throttle response slightly tamer than before, only to find out I had been riding in Standard mode since I reinstalled the ECU (It's always in Sport mode). Duh. Flicked it to Sport mode, so much better. I still felt the odd TC nanny kicking in every now and then, but way less than before, I'd say it's 80% reduced. Don't get me wrong, you really have to do "irresponsible" stuff to feel it now. Whack the throttle wide open right past the apex point, shift down a gear too many leaning into a turn, stuff like that. Typical traction control/vehicle stability intervention.

Up to 6500-7000 rpm the engine itself felt identical to V5, above that point my FTR always felt a bit "woollish", like it was running a bit too rich. Not anymore. I'm not a wheelie king, by far, but now it just lifts the front -hovering- in third beyond that point. Sometimes even lower in the revs. Not saying it has more power, but the throttle response, or "accelerator pump effect" is just better.

Oh, and Track mode is king. Really wish we could flick that on permanently...
I'm so excited In a couple hours I have mine With a bassani slip on . Ryan is a beast

edgelett

Offtopic, even if you had, would you really spend 100k on a motorcycle? The frugal me refuses that... I need to have my retirement all laid out, home paid off, all planned home improvements done, before I would do that.

I love these Arch motorcycles, but would they really offer more fun that my current stable?
If I won 86 million in the lotto - yes I would.
Because Keanu.
lol

nailbeater

Max - Greatly appreciate you taking the time to document your experience with the V6, as well as all the predecessors. I picked up my 1,235 mile used 2019 FTR 1200S a few weeks ago, put 350 miles on it and in that short duration had the cold start stalling, the general 'un-smoothness' and that twitch between 1st and 2nd is most annoying...thus I 'uncorked' the Akra mufflers, just got the Toce link pipe this morning and Ryan got my 9L0 ECU yesterday awaiting the V6 update. Looking forward to getting the ECU back later this week.

Cheers
Just got mine back today. With a bassani pipe without catalytic converter Runs great sounds great Looks great

R. Warshawsky

If I won the Powerball, sure...😂

Sh00bs

got mine in over the weekend. idle jumps around a bit but otherwise it's great! toce cat delete and Akro high pipes
10/10 would recommend