Sena Headset with earplugs?

marcus

I'm thinking of buying a headset after many years.
I've looked around a bit and find the Sena 10R quite interesting, as it's relatively integrated and there's no box on the side that can cause wind noise. I ride a full face helmet, not a flip-up helmet on my FTR.
Or the Sena 30k?
It should not be for communication with Souia/us. It's more for satnav and/or sometimes with other bikers in a group. Of course, the greatest possible compatibility with other models is important.
Does anyone have experience with this models?
I normally ride with earplugs. Is the volume of the earphones sufficient for this?
And the FTR isn't very quiet. So that's another factor.

cupcake_mike

The 10r still has a box, just a slim one. I have the sena 3 in one of my helmets, it is truly all integrated inside the helmet and works great. Battery life just listening to music is about 8-10hrs. They say it does comms with other headsets but I've never used that feature. I don't think they make the 3 anymore. Being the lowest end unit I was pleasantly surprised how loud/clear it was (even with ear plugs) and phone calls (even though I detest them on a bike, especially) were also great. I picked up a knock off from amazon a couple years back, no comms just bluetooth for music/nav/whatever and it is incredible. Great sound (I usually only run it at 60% volume) and the kicker is the battery lasts about 35 hrs. No degradation over the last couple years, at all. Plus, it was like $25. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XSMT1MJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edgelett

pretty much all aftermarket headsets have a box on the side of the helmet - unless you buy a fully integrated helmet.
I have the Sena 10S and wear a full face helmet, I don't notice any wind noise.
the volume on the 10S is pretty damn good, i mean I have a Toce full system and I can still hear my music really well.