Shifter Linkage mod

Stanger1

Seems like I remember someone had a linkage part change to aid with the shifting on the FTR's.
Like it was a reduced ratio to quicken the shifting. '
My other bike is a 2021 Kawasaki H2 SX SE and with a Quick Shifter. I really wish the FTR had a QS.
But does anyone remember something about changing the linkage from a Suzuki that would be a shorter throw to help shifting?
Thanks

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yeah and mount it this way

Attachments

• 183F49C7-49D6-4DA2-AC5E-8E06E7E31FC4.jpeg
    183F49C7-49D6-4DA2-AC5E-8E06E7E31FC4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 279

Stanger1

Ordered yesterday and found some from here in the USA from Ebay.
Hopefull that this makes the shifts alittle quicker and shorter throw.
This is the first USA bike I have ever had after almost 50 years on Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and 1 Suzuki, and
the Indian transmission is just a little bit slower than the modern big 4 japan bikes. IMO

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I had to do the same mods to my jap bikes. It’s not the transmission it’s the longer throw shift lever.

they usually do that to make N easier to find.

edgelett

So I was a bit sceptical about this mod for my FTR - I have the Wunderkind rearsets and have been pretty happy with them.
But, for the price, I figured what the heck.
I occasionally hit neutral when shifting from 1st to 2nd from stationary so thought I'd give it a go.
Installed yesterday and went for a ride through heavy traffic, felt a teeeeny bit of a shorter shift. Still hit neutral twice but that could have been just more getting used to the new shifter.
Regardless, having a black one looks nice and matches my rearsets now haha. I
I also have 2 other options for fitting the toe piece on my shift lever so I might try moving that and see how that feels too.