Side stand too long

Keles

I ordered side stands from 2022 model because they are short, small changes are made so that it fits exactly. I also ordered the new seat from the 2022 model😀. Although I have my current seat upholstered, if necessary I also have it upholstered with gehl.

Charliemurphay

I don’t know if I got a defective stand or what but the 2022 side stand I got goes WAY too far forward on my bike….image.jpg
Old stand going back on for now
Edit: the difference seems to be in the amount of material on the stand itself. The ‘22 is missing a substantial amount compared to the ‘19. But if they were all like this I’d suspect I wouldn’t be the only one with this issue…EA88E01E-83B4-47F5-B936-E8BBA194FD8F.jpeg

Last edited:

Keles

What do you mean? does the new stand open by itself? if so, it's really dangerous, my Indian dealer said a small change is enough to make it safe. I didn't ask what they change. I have it installed if it doesn't fit, they won't install it

Charliemurphay

What do you mean? does the new stand open by itself? if so, it's really dangerous, my Indian dealer said a small change is enough to make it safe. I didn't ask what they change. I have it installed if it doesn't fit, they won't install it
What @Max Kool said; it opens too far forward making it useless. I don’t know why the one I received has this issue when everyone else’s seem fine.

Keles

ok .. that means my motorcycle is much more on its side. firstly it is short, secondly it goes on much further until it is at the end position or ?? then the motorcycle would have to lie almost on its side

K9F

As mentioned on the other forum it appears to be ‘Pot Luck’ as to whether the stand will fit or not, probably down to quality control unless those being sold as aftermarket are from the ‘Rejects Bin?’ Quality control is questionable at best. Glad that after waiting four months from ordering to delivery mine was O.K.

The angle on yours is way out by about 25 degrees.

5F518F07-793E-43A3-9D35-86B0754B9F4D.jpeg

Last edited:

FTR London

This is something that utterly bemuses me about this bike. You have to be so careful how you leave it because it teeters on the brink of disaster because it is so upright when on the side stand. Don't know if anyone else has had difficulties, but the integral disc lock can be a right pain in the arse to lock and unlock. Hadn't had the bike long and on one occasion I simply couldn't release it. kept removing the key and reinserting it, but it has to be located quite forcibly. Pushed it too hard and the bike toppled over on top of me - still don't quite understand how it happened because the side stand is on the opposite side. Because of the fabled cold start issue, had the engine running and so obviously I'd taken it out of gear, so consequently, although on level ground, it rolled and tucked. Impacted the lip of the radiator pressure cap - coolant everywhere. it's a heavy bike to lift but once upright realised it was still pissing coolant because the cap was bent. Tried to seal it as best as I could and managed to get it the 27 miles home spraying coolant all over my right leg and that side of the bike. Didn't overheat. Needed new pressure cap, collar, and complete drain and bleed. Absolute effin' ball ache

nnm505

Well damn…suppose I could try to return this one and maybe order it again and see if I get a different one with the correct amount of material on the stop lol
I had a welder add a piece of material where the stop is supposed to be and it works. Took about 10 minutes.

Breto

I’ve never had an issue with my stand…bike sits well and it’s stable…I always make sure it’s as far forward as it will go…👍😎

Keles

Yesterday I installed side stands for the 2022. just sanded the spacer screw down until it was how I wanted it. it's perfect.

Attachments

• A9F70748-52C8-4D0E-8E8C-0DC5EF2B7B4F.jpeg
    A9F70748-52C8-4D0E-8E8C-0DC5EF2B7B4F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • C5342038-C65A-47D2-A736-7C80134A5168.jpeg
    C5342038-C65A-47D2-A736-7C80134A5168.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • B41536CC-4AF9-42D3-9ADB-518F9BBCC585.jpeg
    B41536CC-4AF9-42D3-9ADB-518F9BBCC585.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30
Reactions: K9F

Charliemurphay

Copied from the other forum…

Alright, putting this to rest once and for all….

I got the new stand mount (ordered a 2022 one to be sure). Here is a side-by-side comparison of the early 2019 mount (left) and the 2022 mount (right)…

8BC1B6DC-7157-4734-A258-99A839B9C268.jpeg

As you can see, the 2022 mount has the aforementioned “hump” while the 2019 one does not. These parts have the same part number even though they are obviously different.

Here is the mount and shorter side-stand successfully mounted on my 2019…

So for 2019 owners wanting to make this switch to the shorter 2022 side stand, if your mount does not have this hump, the 2022 stand WILL NOT FIT your bike and you will also have to order the 2022 side stand mount.

Last edited:

motocroft

Interesting thread;
I'm a new 2022 Carbon owner and have no problem with side stand.
It has more than enough lean angle to feel secure.
Perhaps the Ohlins rear shock lowers the static stance?

Last edited: