Simply's FTR Mods

My Mods to date in order of what I did and who I purchased it from in brackets 

Oxford Bobbins
Oxford Hotgrip Premium
Conti Road Attack 3 120/70ZR19 and 160/60ZR18 (EMJ Bike Tyres)
Front Fork re-valve (Iron Wheels Wales)
Rear Shock re-valve, re-spring and bladder conversion (Iron Wheels Wales)
S&S Exhaust (Iron Wheels Wales)
Standard Seat padding removal (Sussexmotorcycles)(replaced, see below)
Small Legal Square Number Plate (JDM Plates)
RAM Mount Double Socket Short Arm (RAM-B-201-A)
RAM Mount Torque Handlebar and Rail Base (RAM-B-408-112-15)
Beeline Navigation (Kickstarter)
Lowering Front Wheel Fender (ABM)
Front Little One LED Indicator (ABM)(Removed as not visible enough IMHO)
FTR1200 Front Wheel Disc Lock (More Speed Racing)
Tracker Cowl and Seat (More Speed Racing)
Motogadget m.View Road ECE Glassless Motorcycle Bar End Mirror (More Speed Racing)
Motogadget m.View Handlebar End Mirror Adapter Extension (More Speed Racing)
FTR1200 High Mount Tail Tidy Number Plate Bracket Kit (More Speed Racing)
Rizoma Leggera S Indicator & Stop / Tail Light (More Speed Racing)
Kriega Panigale Fit Kit - Ducati 959/1299 (Demon Tweeks)
Dynojet PV3 with FTR-S22_10…SS tune applied so far (Fuel Moto - Craig)
K&N Hi Flow Fillter (Fuel Moto)
Shift-Tech FTR 1200 Front Turn Signals LED Signal Kit Plug & Play (ebay)
JMT YTX14AH-FP JMT Lithiumn Ion Battery (M&P)
JMP4000 Battery Tender
Galffer front wave disks (Performance Parts Limited)
Gilles Rearset with folding footpegs (Performance Parts Limited)
Giles MPL Adjustable Brake & Clutch Lever (Performance Parts Limited)

Think I am done now as I have the bike I think best matches the bike I wanted when I first saw the prototype.

IMG_0049.jpegindian-ftr1200-flat-track-27.jpegIMG_0050.jpegIMG_0053.jpegIMG_0054.jpegIMG_0056.jpegIMG_3395.jpegIMG_3422.jpegplungera.jpgplungerb.jpg

JDP

While you did all this did you do anything about your kickstand ? I found out yesterday and almost dropped my bike, I was parked on a slight downhill and my bike rolled alittle and I grabbed it but I noticed there is no lock on the kickstand, or is just mine like that ?

While you did all this did you do anything about your kickstand ? I found out yesterday and almost dropped my bike, I was parked on a slight downhill and my bike rolled alittle and I grabbed it but I noticed there is no lock on the kickstand, or is just mine like that ?
I have found that the new rearset solved the issue I had with the pegs getting in the way of being able to get the kickstand down correctly, loads of space now. I am not sure about lock on the KS as a standard, but I don't have it on mine and can't remember a bike that I have owned with it :)

K9F

No ‘lock’ per say but my Harley which weighs in at a behemoth 1000lb plus has a cam lock mechanism which is initially disconcerting. Bike stand down, rest bike on stand, bike rolls forward about an inch as the weight locks the stand. Prevents the stand from rolling up if the bike is nudged forward whilst on the stand.

K9F

Apologies Simon for the slight hijack.

Had a VERY close call the other week but caught the FTR. It takes nothing to retract the stand as JDP discovered too, but parking nose down on a downhill slope is questionable to say the least, nevertheless we all make mistakes. Partner had potted some seedlings and placed the pots on the patio. Wheeled bike out the garage with the stand down with me on the right hand side of the bike. Unbeknown to me the stand had caught one of the pots and raised. I leant the bike on what I thought to be the extended stand. Managed to catch it before 'the point of no return.' Lesson learnt straddle bike whenever possible when moving it, or move it whilst standing on the left hand side only so you can use the MK1 eyeball and reassuring tap with a foot on the stand before letting it rest. Simple mistake NEVER to be repeated.

Max Kool

That's why I never wheel it with the stand down. it can even tip your bike over the other way if you hit something as simple as a big pebble. On the right side makes it extra tricky anyway.

Glad you got it in time!

Reactions: K9F
Apologies Simon for the slight hijack.

Had a VERY close call the other week but caught the FTR. It takes nothing to retract the stand as JDP discovered too, but parking nose down on a downhill slope is questionable to say the least, nevertheless we all make mistakes. Partner had potted some seedlings and placed the pots on the patio. Wheeled bike out the garage with the stand down with me on the right hand side of the bike. Unbeknown to me the stand had caught one of the pots and raised. I leant the bike on what I thought to be the extended stand. Managed to catch it before 'the point of no return.' Lesson learnt straddle bike whenever possible when moving it, or move it whilst standing on the left hand side only so you can use the MK1 eyeball and reassuring tap with a foot on the stand before letting it rest. Simple mistake NEVER to be repeated.
I am the man who with no drink in sight, kicked up the side stand of my 999, forgot I had just done it, let go so it could rest on the now not deployed stand and shed a small tear as it fell in slow motion into the side of my wife’s car !!! To be fair I haven’t made that mistake again. I shed more tears when I got the bill to repair both vehicles :(

mark.lb

Last year I got stuck in a rainstorm on a limited access highway. I pulled off under an overpass to wait it out. I parked the bike on the side stand and sat down on the concrete barrier so the bike was between me and the road. As I waited - a truck pulling a “double“ trailer blew by at about 75-80 mph. The wind buffet was so strong it blew the bike off the side stand practically into my lap. I caught it but not before it snapped the right side mirror off as it hit the concrete barrier. Thankfully the only damage was the mirror.
I noticed the side stand on my FTR keeps the bike rather upright compared to my Yamaha. I am now very particular about how the bike is positioned when I park. I also leave the bike in gear to get some extra stability.

Last year I got stuck in a rainstorm on a limited access highway. I pulled off under an overpass to wait it out. I parked the bike on the side stand and sat down on the concrete barrier so the bike was between me and the road. As I waited - a truck pulling a “double“ trailer blew by at about 75-80 mph. The wind buffet was so strong it blew the bike off the side stand practically into my lap. I caught it but not before it snapped the right side mirror off as it hit the concrete barrier. Thankfully the only damage was the mirror.
I noticed the side stand on my FTR keeps the bike rather upright compared to my Yamaha. I am now very particular about how the bike is positioned when I park. I also leave the bike in gear to get some extra stability.
One of the first things I noticed about the FTR was how upright it sits on the stand. I already considered taking a few cm of the stand as I have felt nervous leaving it a couple of times now where the position it was in seemed almost completely upright and so maybe it would fall onto the non stand side.

Only used the Beeline on 3 rides so far with the longest ride being 2 hours but with limited use I am really liking it. I used to use my iPhone for navigation and it took a bit of getting used to the limited display but now I really like the limited distraction. Once you get used to using the dot for key navigation decisions it becomes easy and I love not worrying about having to charge in uses as it has 25+ hours battery life. Also no worries about damaging your expensive phone or leaving it on the bike as it doesn't stand out if you forget to remove (which I have already).

Max Kool

What do you mean with “cowl”?

I consider the “cowl” to be the plastic bodywork that comes with the tracker seat...Or do you nean the rear rack and the tracker seat bodywork interfere with each other?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Only used the Beeline on 3 rides so far with the longest ride being 2 hours but with limited use I am really liking it. I used to use my iPhone for navigation and it took a bit of getting used to the limited display but now I really like the limited distraction. Once you get used to using the dot for key navigation decisions it becomes easy and I love not worrying about having to charge in uses as it has 25+ hours battery life. Also no worries about damaging your expensive phone or leaving it on the bike as it doesn't stand out if you forget to remove (which I have already).

i bought one. Ive been using it for a couple weeks now, i love it

Hunder

Hey @simplynotsimon , Great looking bike by the way.
I really like the rear set and foot pegs and carbon guard you have. I've done a little looking around, but can't seem to find them. Could you point me in the right direction please? The sites I have found don't designate that they will fit an FTR and that concerns me.
Thanks in advance.
Regards

Helge

Hey simplynotsimon

Very nice add on´s you did (y) (y)

Hows "Gilles Rearset with folding footpegs (Performance Parts Limited) workin?
Gear changes much better than with serial lever (these are very bad in my opinion)

Regards
Helge