Started with base model, ended up with a better race replica.

WARPATH

I picked up the the base model to save money and I knew I was going to change things up a bit to suit my own tastes. Besides, I didn't
want all those ride modes and excess electronics on my bike. I have been riding for over 40 years, and if I need all those fancy gadgets, I need to stop riding. Most of the mods came from Indian and the accessory collections, with the exception of the tank stickers and building my own exhaust system. Riding this bike takes me back to the days of riding dirt bikes and watching Evel Knievel. It is an absolute blast. 102103104

K9F

Better Race Replica? Really?

Welcome to the forum. Whilst I too have been riding for many years I enjoy embracing new technology (probably because I am an engineer). The fancy gadgets you mention can actually increase ride experience and handling in less than a minute with the menu selection readily available on the go or the twist of a flat blade screwdriver when stopped, not forgetting the upgraded mechanical aspects of the 'S' models too. You may state that with your experience you can adjust riding style to suit to get the best out of both yourself and the bike taking limitations of both into account, I know what that means and I understand the 'purist' theme.
Your bike is fantastic looking and you have spent a lot of money and probably time making it look like a RR. The base model was overpriced to begin with when for just £1000 more in UK money you could get so much more.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
How is that better?

You don’t have the good suspension, and you can never turn abs off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max Kool

Better for the wallet maybe?

(and every time I see that tracker seat in red I think Indian got the color wrong...)