Sullaha's everyday all road FTR

Sullaha

hmm interesting!

Reach out to Star Bobber on Instagram - she has the Toce High Mount and can probably tell you more about what it's like to live with long term

Star Bobber (@star_bobber_11) • Instagram photos and videos
I'm friends with her on FB so PM'd her

I'm also not convinced the Toce high is the right solution unless I can build something that allows for some carrying capacity below the muffler. I hope she has a tape measure!😁

Sullaha

Modification #4
The one I'm most excited about and super stoked to pull it off. Stoked because I believe these were one of the last sets of spoked wheels available in this part of the world. I was asked where I got them from and tried to share the link less than a week after they showed up and they were no longer there. Probably because they were waaaaay underpriced!
These were the first genuine accessory I've purchased from Indian and I must say I'm impressed with the clear and comprehensive instructions and all the necessary components they came with, tubes, rim tapes, and new rotor bolts. Everything required for an easy straight swap.
Fitted up my go to "heavy enduro"tyres, Bridgestone AX41s. These have super stiff sidewalls and take some effort to fit, a bit of sunlight (not the dishwashing liquid!), a quick-clamp and lashings of tyre mounting lube and the job was done. I'm very tempted to try the cable tie method next time, that'll save a whole lot of sweat and some knuckle skin.
So now my bike sounds like a Jeep on tarmac and has the accompanying vibes that go with big block knobs but nothing to intrusive. Steering feels weird for the first few Kms, after that it's natural. The rear is taller than the stock DT3 so the steering is quicker, with less rubber on the road at the front it's also lighter. This can give the feeling that the bike is wobbling on marbles when coming to a stop but again it's not really a problem and fades with time.
Road grip is not far behind the stock tyre, the rear is more easily overwhelmed by torque but just as predictable, front grip seems on par. I haven't noticed the ABS activate any more than it did with the DT3.
In the dirt these are great, again the torque these motors make is too much for any tyre but even spinning I get good forward drive, side grip is nice and predictable and drifting is a pleasurable activity. The front works really well and I've yet to get close to locking it, I think its the feeling they provide which helps here, anyway I'm confident braking hard from relatively high speed and when controlling things on steep loose descents.
The only real downer is that rear will be gone long before autumn. I'm predicting 4000km and it'll be done.

Stpatsfresh.jpg

Attachments

• AX41 fresh.jpg
    AX41 fresh.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 8

Sullaha

Modification #5
Barkbusters, a no brainer for a bike that has already ended up on it's side and will do many more times in the future. Storm versions of the plastic guard this time, I've used Jet before but prefer the larger version especially with no heated grips on this bike.
The tapered bar mount for these are excellent, The multiple axis adjustment makes clearing the cable and brake line very easy and the give the ability to get the angle of the guard in relation to the bar just right. Good on those clever 'Strayans for designing such a good system!
Kept the bar weights fitted as they're easy to use with the extra long screws from the BB kit.

20220301_104759 (1).jpg

Last edited: