Titax Wheels Mounted

orplid77

Welcome in europe.. I could have had the chain wheel. I was afraid I had to wait for weeks again. That's why I bought it myself

Max Kool

What a bunch of wankers… (they know damn well they didn’t include the sprocket, it’s not like they “forgot” them…)

You got a sorry email from them, and they're shipping the sprocket right away, or nothing, figure it out?

Last edited:

edgelett

68 euros might not seem like a lot to you but it's probably a lot for someone who has had their wheel shipped to the US, UK or Australia.
If they said they sold them with sprockets, they should have either send the damn sprockets, or given a refund for the cost so people can source them locally.

I'm with Max. I mean even when they eventually DO ship the wheels they manage to cock it up....

Bidalot

Hello to all,

I would like to send you this message about the TITAX experience in France (Paris).

I have a FTR CARBON R 2022 and I wanted to change the rims. I came across TITAX. After reading this forum and despite all the problems mentioned, I contacted Lumir last May.

I made it clear to Lumir that I had a 2022 model to make sure there would be no problem.

I placed an order in June. I insist on using Paypal for my order. I insist on paying 50% at the time of order and the balance when the rims are shipped.

I receive the rims on July 15. They are beautiful (liquid gold).

I order the tires and the valves and I disassemble the front genuine rim to fit the new one.

I immediately notice that the ABS-speedo sensor is different than the 2019 FTR and that the rims received absolutly cannot be mounted.

I send the 2 rims back to Lumir who pays the shiping to Slovenia.

Since July 20 and after dozens of emails, I understand that Lumir is unable to keep its delivery commitments and that TITAX is unable to deliver the front rim for the FTR 2022.

I have filed a claim with Paypal who refunded me the full price of the rims in September.

I still have two tires on the arms and valves left on the rims that I returned.

Conclusion :
- the rims are beautiful but do not fit on the new FTR 2022
- Lumir is nice and reactive but doesn't understand that you can't just walk around for months with false promises
- we have to wait for TITAX to seriously develop rims for the new FTR
- I'll mayby order again when I'll sure that the product will be properly developed
- I will pay after receiving the correct goods

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
He doesn’t have to re design the wheel. It just uses a special bearing that the abs sensor reads off of. You probably could have bought one from indian and installed into the titax wheel.

funny he sent you your wheels but yet everyone else is still waiting.

Timps27

Is there not a European version of BBB? This kind of customer service would get someone out of business in 1985, I don’t know how it still exists in 2021.

Bidalot

He doesn’t have to re design the wheel. It just uses a special bearing that the abs sensor reads off of. You probably could have bought one from indian and installed into the titax wheel.

funny he sent you your wheels but yet everyone else is still waiting.
No It was impossible.
The bearing fitment is totally different on TITAX rims (picture attached).
I tried it before sending my rims back.

Attachments

• Front RIM.jpg
    Front RIM.jpg
    877 KB · Views: 31

Viking06

No It was impossible.
The bearing fitment is totally different on TITAX rims (picture attached).
I tried it before sending my rims back.

Heureusement que tu as payé avec Paypal : j'avais fait un virement, il n'a jamais voulu me rembourser

Mais j'ai eu de la chance, j'ai été le 2' et dernier livré !!!!!!!

Bidalot

J'avais senti le coup venir.

Cela fait longtemps que j'aurai mis la clé sous la porte si je bossais comme cela.

Max Kool

So, like for like, what is the weight of the rear wheel with bearings & spacer, but without the rotor or sprocket/hub?

I just measured the stock 18" 2019 at 16.4lbs/7.5kg. Without brake rotor and without cush hub or sprocket. Titax claims 4.6kg for a 17x5.5" rear wheel.

GQM

So, like for like, what is the weight of the rear wheel with bearings & spacer, but without the rotor or sprocket/hub?

I just measured the stock 18" 2019 at 16.4lbs/7.5kg. Without brake rotor and without cush hub or sprocket. Titax claims 4.6kg for a 17x5.5" rear wheel.
I want to say it was around 11lbs with the cush hub, no rotor if I remember correctly. The entire package shaved 16.4 lbs from my bike.