Touch up paint for stock wheels?

djbrennan

Hello Guys.
Anyone know if there is touch up paint available for the stock wheels on the 2019 1200S RR. I'm patching a flat and was doing great getting the tire off until my tire iron slipped off my rim protector and I took a good sized nick out of the paint on the rim edge. The parts fiche says the wheel color is cruiser black. Indian site sells thunder black and thunder black smoke touch up paint, but I didn't see cruiser black. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks.

Last edited:

mark.lb

Max: Do you own a OLMAXMOTORS tire changer? If so how was the purchase/delivery process? I am thinking about a manual tire changer and this is the best one I have seen so far. I am however very concerned about getting something heavy from Poland with the current shipping/supply chain issues. I don’t think they have a US distributor.

Max Kool

Yes I have one, great tool. Shipped directly from Poland, so took a while. Certainly worth it.

djbrennan

A bit of an aside, but there are no wheel weights on my rim. I expected to see some sort of dynamic balancer in the tire but nothing there either. Am I to assume that the wheel was unbalanced from the factory? I don't of course, but how was this wheel balanced?

Max Kool

I'm sure it was balanced in the Indian assembly plant, and apparently it didn't need any weights.

That happens. If all I need on a wheel is one ¼ oz weight I leave it off.

Manufacturers don't use dynamic balancers (like dynabeads) in the tires.