Triple Tree and Rear Stands

motocroft

I did search but couldn't find anything which answered my question.

I've got a 2022 FTR which has Ohlins forks and my current front stand (Kaneg, generic) will not be suitable as the left fork leg is fouled by the fork clamp bolt and the right leg is fouled by the ABS sensor.
I'm looking for a headstem/triple tree front stand - does anyone use one with their FTR? Any recommendations?

For the rear, I've also got a current Kaneg generic rear stand with hook pickups for spools - this is just slightly too narrow for the FTR.
I'm using R&G cotton reel spools and I am about 5mm short on clearance. Again - any recommendations for a stand that is at least 395 - 400mm wide (min width between pickup hooks)
Total width of span centre-centre on the pickup spools = 335 + 2(30) ==> 395mm

1632192785291.png

1632192811453.png

Thanks in advance legends - let the brains trust provide!

edgelett

I'll check what brand rear stand we're using and get back to you.
it's an old one that I use on my Honda too - i'll see if its branded

kiwi dave

If you're trying to get your front wheel off the ground just enough to allow it to spin for cleaning etc, here's what I use.

FTR1200 Front Wheel Stand.jpgFTR1200 LH axle adaptor.jpgFTR1200 RH axle adaptor.jpg

motocroft

So for those of you playing along at home, I've solved the problem.

I realize I was being dim.
I only need to get ~5mm of clearance to be plumb on the center of the pickup spools.
So - I sliced ~2.5mm from each one on the bike (inwards facing) side.
Perfect fit now on my existing rear stand.

1632275470237.png

For the front I picked up a triple tree headstem stand from my local Moto store:
Xtech Steering Head Lift Stand | Motorcycle Accessories Supermarket | MCAS

If anyone is interested, the FTR headstem is a 21mm pin:
1632275578678.png

Done and done.
1632275625857.png

JDP

I put my bike on a lift table with this flat jack seems to work so far

Attachments

• 10E14216-4152-49E3-A944-57E8D6DE0DB2.jpeg
    10E14216-4152-49E3-A944-57E8D6DE0DB2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12

Ryder

I'm a new member and just saw your post. I use an abba stand. It's a great stand and allows full access to the front and rear of the motorcycle. I highly recommend you check them out. I've used mine for about a month or so and it's the best solution I have ever found. It will securely elevate both wheels while providing superb stability.
I purchased the Superbike front and rear package 2 along with the wall mounting bracket to store the stand when not in use. You do not need the Plinth for your 2022 FTR.

Attachments

• BothWheels.jpeg
    BothWheels.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 41
  • RearWheel.jpeg
    RearWheel.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 42

motocroft

Have looked into abba stands in the past - very nice piece of kit.
Pretty expensive out here in Aus though.