Ventura Evo rack and 40 litre bag

edgelett

On the weekend I finally got around to installing my Ventura Evo rack and the 40 litre bag I bought.
Installation was extremely easy, took me all of 10 mins and 1 allen key.
there are 2 ways to install - bag facing forward or bag facing back.
They recommend bag facing forward for if you don't have a pillion, so that's what I did.

It looks pretty neat with no bag on, and there's a grab rail you can get too so that you can take the rack bit completely off which I'll probably also get.
The 40 litre bag is HUGE and will be great for long trips (say 3-4 nights away or more).
I'll probably also get one of the smaller bags to use instead of my backpack when I'm riding to work and need a change of clothes.

1671654058604.png
1671654088833.png

I went for a ride of a few hundred kms on Sunday, and the bag sits further forward than the rack so was digging in to my spine. I also couldn't sit back when on the highway.
So last night I adjusted the little brackets by flipping them 180 but still had the bag facing forward, it now sits a fair way back and it made a big difference.
This is how it looks now:
1671654186631.png

Overall I'm really happy with it, delivery was very quick too.
Highly recommend, if you're in Aus you order from here, I'm sure they have distributers elsewhere too or you can get it shipped.

brad21

I got the Evo rack too, but with the little tail bag, really like it and Ventura products in general. Had a Ventura rack on my VFR back in the late 90's and it was great too. Spendy, yes, but worth it!

edgelett

I got the Evo rack too, but with the little tail bag, really like it and Ventura products in general. Had a Ventura rack on my VFR back in the late 90's and it was great too. Spendy, yes, but worth it!
yep my hubby had their gear on his old CB1300 (we still have the bag actually) and it's well worth the investment in my view.

edgelett

just realised I hadn't posted an update.
After a month or so of using this to go to and from work I realised I need something a little smaller for that. the 40L is awesome for trips but when all I need is my suit and a shirt it's overkill.
so I got the 12L bag as well. perfect for short trips or going to/from work, only gripe is it doesn't quite fit my laptop - so who knows I might get the 20L down the track haha.
but definitely enough for my work clothes, lunch, wallet and phone.
20230318_091652.jpg
I also got the grab rail since I was ordering anyway, to tidy the look up when I'm not carrying anything.
20230313_110312.jpg