What’s your riding superstition, your hoodoo or what ever you want to call it?

Breto

I have two St. Christopher medallions in a small black pouch that I carry in my jacket pockets near my heart. One was given to me by my wife on our wedding day and one from my daughter…I always ride with them and I feel like I’m naked if I don’t…when I get that naked feeling I know they are in my other jacket…now not being a religious person at all I suppose most of you that are would find this a bit weird, but for me it’s my hoodoo…what about you??…🤔👍😎

S2Davies

I don't do superstitions but I never ride angry. if I'm angry I find another way to calm the mind.
I once left work furious with the situation I'd just left behind, I was fuming. It literally took me about 600 yards before I came off! A bit bruised and very embarrassed, not to mention the loss of riding while I spent good cash on the damage I'd done. Long story short, if I'm not in the correct frame of mind to ride now, I stay at home have a beer and reflect of how cool life really is. :unsure: ;)

Breto

Yeah I’m totally cool with frame of mind but I’m looking for stuff like, you may have a favourite pair of jocks or socks you always wear or something out of the ordinary that you go through before you ride…I can’t be the only lunatic out here that does weird shit…🤔😝

mcpt1

Years ago when my daughter was a small girl she gave me a beanie baby, remember those? (Red Chicago Bull one), when I was leaving for a trip. I stuck it in my tank bag and over the years it has become my good luck talisman. Some time ago a buddy of mine went into my tank bag to get something and he came out with the bull,
I let him know in no uncertain terms that no one touches the bull except me...too funny. The bull is there to this day and that little girl is now a physician. Thanks for asking

Breto

Years ago when my daughter was a small girl she gave me a beanie baby, remember those? (Red Chicago Bull one), when I was leaving for a trip. I stuck it in my tank bag and over the years it has become my good luck talisman. Some time ago a buddy of mine went into my tank bag to get something and he came out with the bull,
I let him know in no uncertain terms that no one touches the bull except me...too funny. The bull is there to this day and that little girl is now a physician. Thanks for asking
Yep that’s great…love stuff like,this…the smallest things mean so much to everyone…great story man…👍😎

nailbeater

I have received from a friend who just recently passed away a demon bell That you're supposed to install as low to the ground as you can And it's supposed to keep the road demons at Bay . I treasure this bell because it was the last communication that I had with this friend.. RIP Mike Parks

Breto

We call them gremlin bells over here. And yes they have to be given or gifted to keep the little buggers away. Sad to hear about your mate man, but hold your memories in your heart and attach the bell. You’ll always know he’s riding with you. 👍😎

Ultratoad

I was gifted a small micro teddy bear for a bike years ago. A "good luck bear." So, I have been attaching mini teddy bears to handlebars on all of my bikes ever since LOL. About 1 1/2 inchers, all kinds of them on eBay. AND my luck on bikes has been better than I deserve!

Breto

I had a little koala with springy arms. He sat inside my BMW fairing for years. Rally bear. I’m glad yours has brought you good fortune. 👍😎🇦🇺

S2Davies

I don't carry or wear anything particular for luck because I am not particularly superstitious, but there is a superstition on the Isle of Man that when you go over you should stop at Fairy Bridge and wish the fairies a good day. Now as I said I'm not necessarily a believer, but every time I've taken a bike over there I thought it prudent to just say hi...........you know, just for luck ;)

nailbeater

We call them gremlin bells over here. And yes they have to be given or gifted to keep the little buggers away. Sad to hear about your mate man, but hold your memories in your heart and attach the bell. You’ll always know he’s riding with you. 👍😎
Yes that's what they're called here as well I just forgot . I didn't even know anything about them until my Buddy told me . It's definitely on my bike So hes with me quite often . Thank you. Do you have one on your bike?