What would you get?

Syco13x

The XSR 900 is likely the route I would go if the FTR didn't exist at all. It was the bike that I was debating against when I got my Triumph T120 that I'm currently still riding. And the XSR still grabs my attention now, especially at it's price point.

Though right now my debate is between the Harley Davidson Pan America and the FTR. Since I don't own an FTR yet. But it's going to take a lot for another bike to win me over after my demo ride on the FTR. That was a couple months ago and it still brings a smile to my face. LOL! Still need a chance to test the Pan America.

K9F

If you've got the patience wait until the H-D Bronx? If they stick an unrestricted Pan American engine in it that will be a machine to be reckoned with I think. Would possibly be willing to ditch the FTR for that as it was the Streetfighter I was waiting for before buying the FTR.

harley-davidson-bronx-streetfighter-eicma-2019-169fullwidth-19e672e6-1644010.jpg

Syco13x

If you've got the patience wait until the H-D Bronx? If they stick an unrestricted Pan American engine in it that will be a machine to be reckoned with I think. Would possibly be willing to ditch the FTR for that as it was the Streetfighter I was waiting for before buying the FTR.
Yeah, I have no choice but to be patient while saving money anyways. I am curious is Harley will release the Bronx now that the new Sportster model has been announced. Hoping this model still sees the light of day! Because I would not mind owning that at all if they manage to not screw it up. LOL!

Also, if I were ready to switch to a full electric bike, I would probably get a Livewire. Just on the fence still about electric bikes. Rode a Zero once, and it was a fun ride, but didn't make me want to buy it either.

K9F

With the new Livewire Ones coming out with a longer range, quicker charge time and at $10k cheaper, Guildford Harley Davidson have a number of the old models still in stock, new and already heavily discounted second hand, will keep an eye on them to see what happens out of interest. There may be a huge price drop in the offering?

motocroft

The XSR 900 is likely the route I would go if the FTR didn't exist at all. It was the bike that I was debating against when I got my Triumph T120 that I'm currently still riding. And the XSR still grabs my attention now, especially at it's price point.

Though right now my debate is between the Harley Davidson Pan America and the FTR. Since I don't own an FTR yet. But it's going to take a lot for another bike to win me over after my demo ride on the FTR. That was a couple months ago and it still brings a smile to my face. LOL! Still need a chance to test the Pan America.
Having owned an MT09 for 6 odd years and 50k kms or so kms (same platform as XSR and basically the same bike in many ways) I can tell you confidently that the FTR is on another planet, comparatively.

Noting that the Yam triple is one of the best engines out, the whole Yamaha package is a bit more cobbled together and it lacks quality in details and finesse in execution. They're great bikes, but they're not in the same league as then FTR IMHO.

MilwDave

Yeah, I have no choice but to be patient while saving money anyways. I am curious is Harley will release the Bronx now that the new Sportster model has been announced. Hoping this model still sees the light of day! Because I would not mind owning that at all if they manage to not screw it up. LOL!

Also, if I were ready to switch to a full electric bike, I would probably get a Livewire. Just on the fence still about electric bikes. Rode a Zero once, and it was a fun ride, but didn't make me want to buy it either.
I’ve rode the Pan America several times now, I don’t think HD is in any danger of screwing anything up with that power train in it. In fact I’m going to place an order for a 2022 Pan America as soon the order book opens up.

Syco13x

I can tell you confidently that the FTR is on another planet, comparatively.
Oh, I believe that. Just from my test ride on the FTR and the feeling it gave me. Not saying another bike can’t do the same, but it’s a lot to live up to as well 😊
I’ve rode the Pan America several times now, I don’t think HD is in any danger of screwing anything up with that power train in it. In fact I’m going to place an order for a 2022 Pan America as soon the order book opens up.

Sounds like HD has got a hit with the new engine to me. Just need to ride it myself and see how I like it. And then decide if the Pan America itself hits all the notes for me, or if I should wait and see what other bikes HD will release with that new engine.

D

Deleted member 706

I was close to buying a new Rocket 3 40Kg lighter than the old one and much better handling. Then the price got hiked by $2000, meanwhile a demo FTR came up at a good price. IMG_20200801_114744.jpg

Breto

I was actually going to buy the triumph performance version…long story short I got stuffed around…ended up buying the FTR…still, I would buy one tomorrow if I had the cash…they are a weapon…👍😎

mark.lb

I am strictly an IndIan man. Sooner or later they are going to “stuff” a 108 PowerPlus engine in something besides a Challenger. Come on Indian - I’m waiting!