What's in your multi-day trip toolkit?

ng3FUMf4vCM3YgW

I'm thinking of doing a 4-6 day trip in August which will be my first multi-day road trip.

Any recommendations on what tools to bring? Anything FTR specific that I might not think about?

I'll probably just put together something similar to one of the off-the-shelf toolkits considering I probably already have every tool (and in some case multiples) and maybe get a CO2 repair kit.

Any other suggestions or if you just want to show off what you have done I'm sure someone will be interested or have an opinion.

edgelett

I always take some spanners, allen keys and torx bits for a trip. Usually don't need the whole kit, just a the most common sizes for things that get loose.

Keles

if you want to travel long distances with the FTR, you don't have to take any tools with you. Dee FTR is a vehicle you can trust. the only thing you have to take with you is a wallet with money and a small petrol can, so that you get stuck for fuel on long trips. Just trust FTR , def don't let technical problems let you down.

Attachments

• 0797FF95-565E-4C22-94A9-06F689F9E844.jpeg
    0797FF95-565E-4C22-94A9-06F689F9E844.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13

Charliemurphay

In addition to spare fuses, zip ties and other kit, I can personally vouch for this little electric air compressor. I happened to bring my kit with me last summer when I went on an all day ride and I got a flat 20 minutes from home from a screw in the rear. Using a tire plug and this compressor (which plugs into the SAE battery tender port on the FTR and the cord is long enough to easily reach both tires) I was back on the road in 10 minutes.

Keles

In addition to spare fuses, zip ties and other kit, I can personally vouch for this little electric air compressor. I happened to bring my kit with me last summer when I went on an all day ride and I got a flat 20 minutes from home from a screw in the rear. Using a tire plug and this compressor (which plugs into the SAE battery tender port on the FTR and the cord is long enough to easily reach both tires) I was back on the road in 10 minutes.

😳😨😨😳. I love riding a bike if something happens you can push it or carry it on your shoulder 😂😂

Webby

The tech on inflators has improved but I'm dedicated to CO2 flat fixer. I figure out each and every nut, bolt n screw size and get one for each in me kit. Zip ties for sure and I spin up about 3' feet of duct tape on a screwdriver shaft as well as 100' of parachute cord (I tied a broke chain together once with this shit). Not really tools but Motrin, sun screen, lip balm, Emergen-C vitimine and energy biz, hard candy, Benedryl, eyedrops, scarf, golf style wind shirt, and paper maps. just a few of my favorite things.

Walrus

AAA works great but you need a special motorcycle endorsement on your card. Have used it many times at home - mechanical issues - and on road in remote places for gas and mechanical. Not sure if it costs extra.

ng3FUMf4vCM3YgW

AAA works great but you need a special motorcycle endorsement on your card. Have used it many times at home - mechanical issues - and on road in remote places for gas and mechanical. Not sure if it costs extra.
I just checked. You need to upgrade to a higher level and get the "RV/Motorcycle" option. At least for me it was.

Face It

AMA membership, in the US, gets you Roadside assistance for the $50 per year fee.

And that is for any vehicle, including my 27ft motor home, Porsche, my Brother-In-Laws Ninja down in Missouri when we were on a trip and his clutch cable snapped.

americanmotorcyclist.com/