What's pleased you today?

D

Deleted member 706

I have recently retrained for a retirement career in community services. I got a casual job for a not for profit organisation, most of my shifts are at a hostel for men transitioning from homelessness to getting a place of their own.
I worked Saturday night shift and went to the top rate after midnight, later this arvo I got a call and came in for 5 this evening so I'm getting a bit over 12 hours pay on the top rate for doing sweet fuck all. 🤑🤑
What's not to be pleased about? Pop

Notaharley

I can hear the morning dove cooing. The occasional dog letting folks know he's up. The horse is grazing.
It's 65 degrees. Gonna be mid 70's.
There's a pretty 1200cc bike waiting for a rider.
I'm sipping micro-roasted coffee from a local shop.....here's my view out front....

IMG_20220515_083712281_HDR.jpg

The Lord has been good to me, for sure. I don't deserve any of it.

D

Deleted member 706

@Notaharley
Lovely scenery there, is that pasture going to stay green all summer or will it turn brown soon?

Charliemurphay

Yesterday but….
Lot of people ride from bar to bar. I ride to ice cream shops. Ice cream on a clear day pleases me greatly.
BABB45A3-71D7-473C-9444-A0151D9B9A45.jpeg

FTR London

The realisation that once I have the opportunity to change the handlebars later this week, the bike is almost there and certainly looking far more as I want it to.

I am also as ever, grateful on a daily basis that I have a roof over my head, enjoy and benefit from the liberty that allows me to ride it, good health and freedom of expression. You can't put a price on these things in our increasingly uncertain world.

Breto

I can't fault your enthusiasm, but I got to question your logic, can you actually wake up dead?
Well I’ve woken up close to it…or that’s how I’ve felt but believe me man, the day I do wake up dead I’ll be the first to let you know…or my wife will…😂😂😂👍

D

Deleted member 706

@Breto
Yeah I can just see it Breto carks it in his sleep and Mrs Breto immediately thinks she better get on the interwebs and tell us all about it...

D

Deleted member 706

@Breto
If I cark it soon and suddenly my family will be made aware of the X-75 Hurricane in the WA Motor Museum...

D

Deleted member 706

Forewarned and forearmed, I'll be watching out for you. 👀

D

Deleted member 706

Whiteman Park...
There's a lot more valuable stuff than a Hurricane in there.