Where did you ride your FTR today?

kiwi dave

Wouldn't have thought you'd get that much sun, living in Old Blighty.

Is you bike kept outside continuously?

FTR London

Wouldn't have thought you'd get that much sun, living in Old Blighty.

Is you bike kept outside continuously?
The rules are changing, extremes getting more extreme - worldwide. Spells nudging 30ºC are not uncommon now each summer.

It spends a lot of time outside because it's ridden a lot, but is garaged at home at night. I'll keep it on the road this winter, but when the icy conditions arrive and the roads are gritted and salted it's staying in there. At this latitude the days are short and the nights are long. The summer months are already a dim and distant memory.

S2Davies

A sad ride today, recently a young fella got killed nearby, his mother asked for any local cars and bikes to accompany them to the funeral at least 20 bikes showed up. I hope it gave the family some comfort.
Terribly sad, but at least you got the opportunity to give him a send off, and as you say, hopefully it helped the family in some small way at such a sad time.

Breto

A sad ride today, recently a young fella got killed nearby, his mother asked for any local cars and bikes to accompany them to the funeral at least 20 bikes showed up. I hope it gave the family some comfort.
Sorry to hear that mate…but a rolling send off Is a moving honour guard…couldn’t think of a better send off…always in your heart, memories of how it was…I sincerely hope his family was happy with the support and love shown…my best to all mate…😔

edgelett

Got out for a ride after lunch yesterday, was an absolutely cracker day so headed through some of my favourite Adelaide Hills roads. My fave bit was when I was coming out of a 100 zone and sitting in an 80 zone with a 50 zone approaching (kph of course) and a motorcycle cop came towards me. now I was slowing down but still doing over 80....and he just nodded and carried on his way. Was clearly just enjoying the day himself!

Breto

Glad someone is out for a ride…all we’ve had here is rain rain rain…no fun to be had…🤦‍♂️

kiwi dave

My fave bit was when I was coming out of a 100 zone and sitting in an 80 zone with a 50 zone approaching (kph of course) and a motorcycle cop came towards me. now I was slowing down but still doing over 80....and he just nodded and carried on his way. Was clearly just enjoying the day himself!

Of course, you Ozzie riders are banned from having a radar detector on your bike. I try to obey the speed limits, but a tiny bit of lack of attention can cost you plenty. I like the ability to know I'm being watched.

kiwi dave

I've had cruise control on most of my motorcycles, Indian and Moto Guzzi.

What always gets my heartbeat going is when I feel the speed is going a little fast, I turn the throttle down and nothing happens!

Yeah, I know I should remember the cruise control is switched on, but it gets me every time.

fuknKIWI

@kiwi dave I got into cruise control in my work ute, I was on the road most of the time, getting a bike with cruise control is *LUXURY * (channels Monty Pythons Yorkshire men).
It was only recently that I learned that rolling the throttle forward disengaged the c/c.

kiwi dave

@kiwi dave I got into cruise control in my work ute, I was on the road most of the time, getting a bike with cruise control is *LUXURY * (channels Monty Pythons Yorkshire men).
It was only recently that I learned that rolling the throttle forward disengaged the c/c.
Are you sure you didn't touch the brakes? In my experience that's what normally disengages cruise control.

Just noticed your reference to Monty Python. Comedy at its best.

This caught my attention last night when I stumbled on to this feed. Lost three hours of my life!

[www.facebook.com/imnotrightinthehead]. Copy and paste without the parenthesis.

Last edited:

Breto

There was 3 hundred of us living in a paper bag in a septic tank…every morning we’d have to clean the tank, wid tongue…😂😂😂