Where did you ride your FTR today?

EagleEye78

I rode out to a couple lakes on my new 17'' rear wheel. Felt good! New front tire should be delivered within the week. Can't wait!!

Attachments

• IMG_0601.jpg
    IMG_0601.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 12

FTR London

After clinging to the neck of my shirt and flapping his wings in terror, he was finally dislodged by the rider (me) and had a good chuckle himself as he reflected upon the discombobulation if his accidental victim.
I've had a bee fly into my helmet, narrowly avoided a disastrous collision with a deer, run over a pheasant been assailed by dogs but bitten by a bat? This is brilliant. I assume this was early evening?

Charliemurphay

Well hopefully that was many many many years ago as rabies can linger unknown for awhile (if you didn’t get the vaccine course). That’s the thing that weirds me out about bats is they are a prevalent vector for rabies.

edgelett

Sadly, nowhere. been like this for 2 weeks straight now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220530-071057_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220530-071057_Chrome.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 17
D

Deleted member 706

I rode to work today to a site I've been to a couple of times. One of the consumers came into the office to ask whose bike was outside and then told me that there was a big leak underneath it.
Bastard had me worried you can see for yourselves that it is a big leek 🙄IMG_20220530_081246.jpg

Notaharley

Well hopefully that was many many many years ago as rabies can linger unknown for awhile (if you didn’t get the vaccine course). That’s the thing that weirds me out about bats is they are a prevalent vector for rabies.
I do not believe any bats have ever been found to be rabid. At least not here!

Some people have turned into vampires, though.

Notaharley

I've had a bee fly into my helmet, narrowly avoided a disastrous collision with a deer, run over a pheasant been assailed by dogs but bitten by a bat? This is brilliant. I assume this was early evening?
Yup. Dusk.
Darn thing was clinging to my collar and flapping me in the chin. Thought for sure he'd be inside my helmet in a second.

Notaharley

Good ride. No one out. Able to get in a nice aggressive ride.
Of course, hit some gravel, and country roads.
Stopped at a favorite spot. Owner has a nice private collection of antique Indians. 37, if I remember correctly.
IMG_20220530_161524125_HDR.jpg
Sadly the blinds were down today. There are vintage Indians in the front windows.

Bruce and Sarah run a great place. On rt. 16 in VA not far from Troutdale.

Charliemurphay

I do not believe any bats have ever been found to be rabid. At least not here!

Some people have turned into vampires, though.
E655F6D1-92B4-446A-A788-988F3C80B2CA.jpeg

It’s enough of a concern for me that I’d get a panel done after a physical encounter with a bat. But you’re likely fine 😂

D

Deleted member 706

I went to the CBD for a training course, nice view from the office. IMG_20220531_100457-PANO.jpg

Notaharley

View attachment 6418

It’s enough of a concern for me that I’d get a panel done after a physical encounter with a bat. But you’re likely fine 😂
What?!!!?

I didn't know I can't have a bat as a pet!

Dang! Thought it would be a great support animal.

D

Deleted member 706

LOL...
Central Business District, as if you didn't know 😜🙄
Actually that balcony railing does look a bit bent...

Notaharley

View attachment 6418

I couldn't resist posting this --- it's been a while since I read about bats....and probably a good lesson to me about how information can be presented to skew my opinion --

I saw the "Google" result when I queried, but then looked at an actual web site on bats....

"bats contract rabies far less than other animals"
" A person living in the U.S. is more likely to catch leprosy or the plague than to contract rabies from a bat"

I had actually never thought of rabies to this day! I probably would've been a little freaked out at the time. I don't know if we had internet then!!!!

My apologies for going far afield from "where I rode today". I enjoyed all the joking!

Btw....

Rode here:
IMG_20220423_135312795.jpgIMG_20220423_140011995_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220429_114753133_HDR.jpgIMG_20220429_113328898_HDR.jpg