Where to get accessories and mods??

lbales123

Hi all,

I have recently purchased the 2022 FTR Carbon R.
I am loving the ride but want to browse mods and make a few small changes.
I am based in the UK and there seems to be a lack of websites that provide modifications and accessories. Could you guys link some websites that you have used?

I am trying to find new radiator covers, new tank console, mirrors, tail tidy and so on..

Thanks!

Crisfmx

Hi, not sure where in the uk you are based but more speed racing down in Bournemouth or Krazyhorse has a few outlets in the southeast both custom builders and Indian dealers will do all of those things in person or online
R&G online will do tail tidy / rad guard and few other bits for the ftr
eBay are a good place for everything just make sure you put a uk only filter on buying as most is from usa etc
If by tank console you mean different covers then dealerships are the best place but they are very expensive to change

K9F

+1 Moore Speed Racing can help you with anything you need and advice on how to hook things up to the CanBus like aftermarket lights etc. Great dealership!

edgelett

tail tidy- one for a 2019 will fit.
mirrors - what are you after? bar ends or something else? any that fit a 2019 will fit.
radiator covers- do you mean a radiator guard? I think any that work on a 2019 will fit.
tank console- what do you mean there?

if you're not sure if a 2019 part will fit ask here- someone will know :)

lbales123

tail tidy- one for a 2019 will fit.
mirrors - what are you after? bar ends or something else? any that fit a 2019 will fit.
radiator covers- do you mean a radiator guard? I think any that work on a 2019 will fit.
tank console- what do you mean there?

if you're not sure if a 2019 part will fit ask here- someone will know :)
Cheers mate,
I am after some bar end mirrors, a few people have mentioned Moore speed racing so will check them out.

I've found a radiator guard, however heard you can replace the unsightly black covers that stick out from either side.

By the tank console, I mean the central strip on the tank, again I've seen some cool designs but no links to anything

lbales123

Hi, not sure where in the uk you are based but more speed racing down in Bournemouth or Krazyhorse has a few outlets in the southeast both custom builders and Indian dealers will do all of those things in person or online
R&G online will do tail tidy / rad guard and few other bits for the ftr
eBay are a good place for everything just make sure you put a uk only filter on buying as most is from usa etc
If by tank console you mean different covers then dealerships are the best place but they are very expensive to chan

+1 Moore Speed Racing can help you with anything you need and advice on how to hook things up to the CanBus like aftermarket lights etc. Great dealership!
Cheers mate I will check them out!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Those radiator scoops channel air away from you. You can install the smaller ones from a 19. Or just remove them

Crisfmx

Check out glassless polished aluminium bar end mirrors think they look really trick
The radiator scoops are going to be the upgraded carbon ones aren’t they larger design to improve cooling every little bit helps on the FTR as engine emitted heat can be uncomfortable
Not seen replacements for the centre panel but personally I’d look into getting it wrapped you can create your own design and it’s easy to return to stock should you ever sell on or fancy a change

edgelett

Nice one - I didn't see the adaptors, I'll take a look.
the adaptors won't be listed as a separate item, they'll come with the mirrors if they come with them at all.
I'd call a dealer and ask to be honest. looking at the link there's no info on the sizing.

kiwi dave

The first thing I did with my FTR1200 was to swap out the mirrors for Aprilia versions (they are also specified for Moto Guzzi Griso) which I kept a spare pair for. The original ones were just plain ugly (anybody want them?).

I'm not a fan of bar end mirrors as you can't do slight head adjustments to get a better view because of the blind spot. The mirrors need to be closer to your eyeballs.

1633464468986.png

edgelett

funny enough I have those Aprilia ones on my Hornet. they work well cause they extend past my shoulders so I can see.